victory against nco

sanchezrc2

i filed a DV letter with nco, and today i received a letter from francisco delgado at NCO he's their consumer affairs representative II, whatever that means,

but in short, he said thanks for the inquiry, please be advised that the above referenced acct is closed in their office.

while we have complied with federal law, factors beyond our control may prohibit us from confirming or denying the presence of inaccurate info within the timeframe allowed by law. in addition we have contacted the CRA that we do business with our request to delete our listing of the above mentioned account from your credit profile.

with that being said, experian was the only company reporting the negative mark, i refreshed my credit report and its still there, how long should i give them before contacting experian, and what steps2 should i take in doing so if i do need to contact them?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats!

I had NCO for an old Cap One card.They said I owed $1,300.About 4 weeks ago, I disputed them online,but did not send a DV letter.Took less than 2 weeks and they were gone off all 3 CRAs.I never got a letter or anything.So not sure if they deleted it or the CRAs did.Now if I could only get LVNV gone, id be good to go for a bit.

thats awesome!!! im gonna wait a week or so and then refresh my credit report,

my wife has an lvnv on her credit report, we mailed them CMRR and they have yet to respond to the letter, they are almost out of time.

I wouldn't hedge my bets on that timeline my friend.

They are supposed to provide validation when it's requested but they can easily argue they sent you a dunning letter when they received the account.. and guess what? The courts take their word for it. They don't have to prove they sent you a dunning letter. The courts assume they do as long as they have systems in place that are capable of sending dunning letters.

So when push comes to shove they can technically ignore your DV letter and do nothing but continue to send pay me now requests and update your credit reports with their negative information.. and there really isn't anything you can do about it.

LVNV is definitely one of the dirtiest players in the game and is NOT to be trusted. Very underhanded and very shady.

I hope things work out for you with this DV request but don't be suprised if you hear nothing back and they just keep on doing what they have been without ever bothering to respond.

And filing suit against them for an FDCPA violation will most assuredly result in them filing a counter suit against you for the debt. They may even be happy with it because you paid the filing fee for them.

Oh.. and the credit bureaus suck about updating info quickly. It could be another month before they delete that collection off of the report.. Congrats on that btw!

HAL thanks for the advice, what do you suggest i do against lvnv when they dont respond and its passed the 30 days, ive been reading and several folks all have different opinions.. youve been very straight up with me and i appreciate it, whats your advice

I would like to know the same thing

on the 30th i believe it will be a month that i started my credit repair i got the letter on the day i posted this iw anna say the 17th. but they issued letter on the 15th. so 2 weeks. wish i was as luck on the others, but midland credit just sent me im assuming what would be validation. im yet to open the mail. but i will tomorrow. and see what happens