Cleaning up Accounts

firecapt13

I have several CC accounts that have been sold to JDB. I am working with my CU on a refinance on my house. The JDB are not reporting on my CR. My loan officer has asked me to try to settle these accounts so that he knows that they won't come back on me later.

Is it possible to settle these with OC in exchange for a delete or settled on my CR. They are reporting as sold/transfered to another lender.

He told me to try to settle with the JDB, all he wants is proof they have been worked out. One of the JDB is PRA, which sued and I beat in court. He still wants me to try to settle it.

Any advice on this will be helpful.

I don't know enough to anwer your questions...but I would like to know this too. So this is bump ...maybe someone else will see it.

I have a question for you....how far back does the bank/lender pull your credit report? Can they go back more than 7 years? Does the bank's copy of your credit report match what you received when you ordered your copy ?

Maybe if you contact the closed/sold OC, they can at least tell you who owns the debt so you can settle it with someone.