Review Dispute letter

firecapt13

Below is a letter I intend on sending to CRA's. Please give me pointers or critiques.

Also when mailing this CMRRR, how does this work if you can only find PO Box for them

Equifax

PO Box 7404256

Atlanta GA 30374-0256

To Whom It May Concern,

I've just reviewed my credit report and have noticed there are several inaccurate items on my report:

Beneficial/HFC-6017040060XXXX

This account is listed as being charged off. This account was settled and was supposed to be reported as “Account Settled in Full”. Letters enclosed.

Capital One 529107146457XXXX

This account is listed as being charged off. This account was sold and should not be reporting as charge off. Payment history is also incorrect

Capital One 517805249443XXXX

This account is listed as being charged off. This account was sold and should not be reporting as charge off. Payment history is also incorrect

Capital One 529107147534XXXX

Capital One 486236249246XXXX

The payment history on this account is incorrect.

Household Credit Services 549110000508XXXX

RMA/NCO Financial 2215XXX

This collection account does not contain a valid address. I tried to send them a letter to verify their account and it was returned as undeliverable. This account is not mine

Zenith Acquisitions Corp. 100702XXXX

This account is not mine.

I.C. Systems INC 2749131XXXX

This account is not mine.

I have enclosed a copy of my driver's license as proof of identity.

You can send to a P.O. Box just fine. They will put a notice in the box and they will sign for it just like a physical address. That is not an issue at all.

The only problem I see is where you say this account was sold but is listed as charged off. Nothing wrong with it being listed as charged off, if sold, as long as, a zero balance is being reported by whoever charged it off.

What can't happen is the creditor charge it off, sell it, list a balance, and then the JDB also list a balance.

If the account was charged off, it is correct reporting. What they decide to do with the charged off account is their right. They still want to hurt your credit, to get back at you, so you'll just have to live with the charge offs or find another dispute.

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem I see is where you say this account was sold but is listed as charged off. Nothing wrong with it being listed as charged off, if sold, as long as, a zero balance is being reported by whoever charged it off.

Ok. So on my husbands reports, EVERY single one of his charge offs have a balance listed. What would be my next step? :confused: I am in the beginning stages of disputing with the CB and have some letters ready to put in the mail in the morning.

Krista

• 2 weeks later...

If the OC did not sell the account they list a balance for, then that listing could be correct. Determine for each such item if there is also a CA trying to collect and/or listing it. If you have specific cases of one account being double listed WITH a balance on each, please post back.