New Job with pending hearings. HELP!!

RumbleBee

First, thanks for taking the time to check out my post.

Now for my dilemma:

I was just offered a new job over the phone by a company that I had interviewed with yesterday. My problem is the company has a 90 day probation period and I have two hearings set for next month. One is a Motion to Dismiss and the other is a Proceeding Supplemental Hearing. Both are Collection Civil cases. I live in Indiana. What would my options be, if any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I agree with Hal. With the economy the way it is, people are more understanding about these issues since it is more likely they know someone close to them that has dealt with these issues.

On a side note, I am surprised when I share my experiences with people, how many of them are facing these same collection and court issues. I have intentionally mentioned it to people now in case they are in need of help and are scared/ashamed to talk about it to anyone.

I had a job like that once. It was zero tolerance except for an emergency and it better be backed with doctor/hospital proof. It was 90 days and you could not miss.

I had a court hearing I could not miss. The day before when I got off work I went to the ER and complained a sharp pain and described what would be a kidney stone. I spent two hrs faking at the ER until I "passed" the stone. Then I was given the usual you need to rest and no work at all for 24 hrs letter.

I went to my hearing and had my ER note for when I went back to work. It that extreme? Hell yes, but I needed that job and I could not miss court.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will call tomorrow and see if it's a possibility to reschedule my Motion to Dismiss hearing for the same day as my Proceeding Supplemental hearing; seeing as how my Motion to Dismiss hearing has only been allotted 15mins. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

with highly competative job market but I must say If they found out the could fire you with grounds which would make collecting unemployment very hard.

Though telling your new boss about two hearings might raise eyebrows. I think combining the two then tell HR. that the case was thrown at you after you were hired.