fia card services OC and Issuer?

I was sued on what was called a FIA Card Sevices, N.A. account. I've never owned a Bank of America account/card, so FIA has assumed this account in some way from another credit card issuer/large bank. I've never opened a Bank of America credit card as the original creditor so can only assume that FIA also has some purchased banks cards or has acquired another bank along the way of the alleged default account I was sued on. I hope that clarifies?

I was sued on what was called a FIA Card Sevices, N.A. account. I've never owned a Bank of America account/card, so FIA has assumed this account in some way from another credit card issuer/large bank. I've never opened a Bank of America credit card as the original creditor so can only assume that FIA also has some purchased banks cards or has acquired another bank along the way of the alleged default account I was sued on. I hope that clarifies?

Bank of America did acquire a number of other banks thru the years: Fleet, MBNA. If you had an account with them, now the plaintiff would be FIA Card Services.