Sign in to follow this  
ProSe007

amended answer to Petition on Account (summons)

Currently in the Discovery process w/Midland Funding LLC.

While looking through my case files...I noticed on the Petition on Account (original summons) a 7th question above the certificate of service stating:

7. As a result of Defendant's failure to pay the above balance is due. Demand for payment was made and refused.

Looking at my answers I did not see this question and therefore there is no answer to it.

I appeared in court the day i was supposed to and submitted my answers and defenses...the judge looked them over and set a trial date.

I received an Order of Judgement with the trial date and an x by Defendant denies allegations of petition.

Included in my answers and defenses I said: Defendant reserves the right to amend and/or add additional answers, defenses and/or counterclaims at a later date.

Question: Can i file an amended answer for this now? and any advice on how to do this.

The answer is in the RCP. Normally, you are allowed to amend once within 20 days of a responsive pleading. After that, you must ask the court for permission to amend. However, since you denied the debt I think this oversight is small and will have no effect on the case. It is 60-215 you need permission from the court to amend. Simple motion and include the amended response.