kristap

Ok. We are looking to buy a house, but we just pulled our credit score tonight and OMG it is much worse than I thought. My husbands score is 523 and mine is 559. I started doing the validation a couple of years ago but had stopped, because life got real busy and I didn't have time. Since then, a few things have "fallen off" our reports and others were taken off due to the validations. Now that we want to buy a house, we find out our scores are STILL bad bad bad.

I need to print our reports and get to work again on fixing things. Although there isn't too much on there at the moment. Maybe 2 or 3 negatives on our reports. Will fixing these bring up our credit that much? I can't imagine a vehicle loan originating in 2005 (6k plus) and a few credit cards will bring our score to be this low. Any ideas?

Krista

Did you pull fico scores?Any late payments on the old car loan?Those 30 day lates can really hurt you.Does seem kinda low for only a few things.Equifax put me a 570 and myfico put me my Equifax at 664.

While we had the car we paid on time. We bought brand new, had it for probably about a year, but then my husband lost his job and we were relocating back home (FL to MA) and we communicated with the loan company and they told us our best bet would be a voluntary repossession. This was in 2007. So i guess we had it for 2 years and paid ontime. Now its showing up on our credit that we still on 6k almost 7k. Since it was a joint account, its coming up on both of our reports. So that 2 years of paying ontime means nothing. The scores we pulled were fico from equifax as well.

Thats whats hurting your credit.Have you tired to dispute and see what happens?You never know.I got a $6,000 collection off my wifes acount in less than 2 weeks.I sent them a DV letter then turend around and filed a dispute with the CRAs.

Thats whats hurting your credit.Have you tired to dispute and see what happens?You never know.I got a $6,000 collection off my wifes acount in less than 2 weeks.I sent them a DV letter then turend around and filed a dispute with the CRAs.

Not yet. I have typed up the dispute letter to send to the CRA, and my husband is going to mail it out in the morning. Since its listed as OC and not CA, should I still send a DV or should i send a 623 or something else? Also should I wait the 30 day to hear back from the CRA before sending "something" to the OC?

The account is listed on all 3 CRA as charge off, but there is still a balance on it and the balance for 2 are the same but the 3rd balance is different from the others.