Debt Validation Period

thebus3847

Aloha,

On September 30th, 2011, I started the process of a debt validation with this collection agency (Security Credit Services) who has reported to experian for a delinquent account in 2009 that they claim I owe money to.... I sent the letter from this website via email and received an email from the office admin who in return sent me a 10 page document which states at the top "Loan Agreement" this document has all my information listed (i.e. name, address, last four of ssn....there is no signature blah, blah, and blah.

Her reply was that she was gonna ask the OC for bank statements and get back with me. So as far as I have read the CA has not yet provided enough validation for this item to stick on my credit report...looking for feedback into this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher

If I received a letter from a collection agency stating they they have recently aquired my debt and are now trying to collect it. Stating I have 30 days to reply to their letter or they will assume the debt is valid. Can I send them a DV now?

Please advise

Thanks

Is there a good template on this site that is available?

Thanks for the quick respone :)

October 10, 2011

Your Name

Adress

City, State Zip Code

Name of JDB

Address

City, State Zip Code

Re: Account #

To Whom it May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a call/letter made/mailed to me on ___________. Be advised that this letter is a refusal to pay and is being sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USG 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested. Based upon the FDCPA, you are required to provide me with a letter stating the creditor, amount of debt in question within 5 days of first contact which I never received.

This is a request for validation of debt. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you. Please provide me with the following:

1.) A simple accounting of the debt.

2.) The name and address of the original creditor, and the original account number.

3.) Proof that you are licensed to collect in my state.

4.) Provide me with your license number and proof of ownership.

Please remember that during this time of validation that all reporting and collection activity must cease and desist until after I receive a response in respect to my request. If you do report to the credit bureaus or continue collection activity before validating my request, I will pursue legal action for violating the FDCPA and FCRA.

I would also like to request, that all future correspondences be sent to me in writing and no telephone contact is to be made to my home, cell phone or place of employment, including computer or auto-dialing systems.

Sincerely,

You

Email it, if you have an email address and mail it Certified with return receipt. Then check your credit report to see if they report before validating. If they do, it is a FCRA violation. If they breach the C&D in the letter, it is a FDCPA violation.