First Premier secured card harasses me by phone for their deposit.

I applied for a SECURED card from First Premier, which of course I got in the mail, because I am supposed to give them a $99 deposit (and then they charge a large annual fee and 49 percent interest). I changed my mind, because I later qualified for a "regular" credit card, but they call me all the time and are very aggressive and snotty. They are so mean, that I have even threatened them with the police, but they continue to call me.

I don't have Caller ID so there is no way to screen my calls. How can I make them stop calling me?

Again this is not for debt collection as I never activated their card with the deposit!

Did you inform them that you changed your mind and send them back the card? The first thing I would do is send a letter to them CMRRR (and include the card if you have it) stating that you decided not to use the account, you have not used the account, that you want to close it, and you do not want to hear from them again. Look at the Rosenthal Act if you are in California as your guide to the last item.

If they continue after that, you can sue them in State Court using the Rosenthal act. It is the state level FDCPA and OCs are required to follow it as well as JDBs and CAs.

Good luck.

Also in the letter specificly invoke the TCPA language for revoking the EBR. Violations of the TCPA to landlines only occur under very narrow set of circumstances, but you do not want to lose the chance to slap them with $500 per call if the chance comes up.

The language to use is: "I hereby revoke any Express, Implied or percived permission to call my telephone(s). All further communication must be by US Mail". The second option will look good if you do have to end up in court as you did not close every avenue of communication.