Cleaning Up Old Contact Information

Calamity

This seems like a really novice question, so I apologize if it's already been addressed. Any direction to where I can find this information would be much appreciated.

I was recently reading the thread "Should I dispute Everything at once, or only a few to completion?" when I came across this post:

Yes, that is the traditional method.

1. Clean ID info

2. Dispute tradelines with CRA

3. Dispute tradelines with creditors

Now, I've been a member of the boards for about nine months now. I've never seen this mentioned on either the main creditinfocenter website or in any of the forum stickies for newbies. I did a search and haven't been able to find anything either.

From what I've read on the dispute sections on the CRA websites, they say you can update your current address by providing a DL or utility bill copy.

• Will they remove old address or employment information?
  • If so, how should this be approached? Just state that you would like this information removed? Dispute it as inaccurate?
  • Is there any sort of legislation, case law, or other that requires them to remove it?

Again, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. Thank you in advance.

You posted it in the right forum. No one here will help you with credit repair as it only works for less than 5% of the people who try it according to coltfan. But if you insist on trying, Equifax usually is pretty quick with removing prior addresses. I did the no no thing and disputed them online and they were gone within 3 days. As long as none of your current creditors are using any of those addresses, it should be gone in one dispute. If you want to write them, let them know the addresses are incorrect and must have belong to a relative

This seems like a really novice question, so I apologize if it's already been addressed. Any direction to where I can find this information would be much appreciated.

I was recently reading the thread "Should I dispute Everything at once, or only a few to completion?" when I came across this post:

Now, I've been a member of the boards for about nine months now. I've never seen this mentioned on either the main creditinfocenter website or in any of the forum stickies for newbies. I did a search and haven't been able to find anything either.

From what I've read on the dispute sections on the CRA websites, they say you can update your current address by providing a DL or utility bill copy.

• Will they remove old address or employment information?
  • If so, how should this be approached? Just state that you would like this information removed? Dispute it as inaccurate?
  • Is there any sort of legislation, case law, or other that requires them to remove it?

Again, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. Thank you in advance.

I know that Experian tends to keep old address as additional identifying information. As far as Equifax and Transunion are concerned, I don't know. I don't believe there's a law that requires them to remove old addresses as long as the information is accurate.

The rules they apply to addresses could also apply to former employers. Request they remove the information. The worst they can do is say "no".

You posted it in the right forum. No one here will help you with credit repair as it only works for less than 5% of the people who try it according to coltfan. But if you insist on trying, Equifax usually is pretty quick with removing prior addresses. I did the no no thing and disputed them online and they were gone within 3 days. As long as none of your current creditors are using any of those addresses, it should be gone in one dispute. If you want to write them, let them know the addresses are incorrect and must have belong to a relative

I dont get why you even come to this form.Your so negative,What do you want people from this form to clear your credit up for you?I have pulled my credit score up on my own over 100 points in the last 2 months.I did it by reading other peoples threads,and taking coltrol of my credit.Ive read your other post and what it seems is you want others to write your DV letters for you!