Walmart Fico Score

cali11

I get a free fico transunion credit score once a month with my walmart credit card.Not sure whats the deal but it cant be a fico score.Its saying my fico trans is 546 & I know thats wrong because 2 weeks ago it was a 632.So I went to myfico and ordered my tracns fico again.Now its saying im a 652.I had NCO deleted and a new creditcard report, since I last checked.So anyone know whats the deal?Is the walmart fico a vanity score?

Any score you get other than one for a leading officer or from myfico.com is in fact a FAKO score that is generated by a different system then the ones the actual banks and most credit card companies use to determine your credit worthiness. I wouldn't focus too much on your score right now and focus more on cleaning up your report and building a good payment history. At least that is what I have gather from my short time crawling through these forums. Your score will go up as you improve the report. Hope that helps and if i am wrong someone correct me please.

Not true. The credit score that Wal mart gives you on their login page is in fact your true FICO score. They partnered with Transunion to provide their customers with transunion's FICO score. However, it is only updated once per month and it usually is a month behind because of this. For me it updates in the middle of the month but it uses my score from the first Monday of the month and leaves that score up until the next month.

I have actually checked my transunion score and report against wal-mart's fico score and it is indeed the same score.

If you read the fine print when you sign up for your free score through walmart's card holder login page it even tells you that it's your Transunion FICO score that is offered for a fee through myfico.com

If you're actively doing credit repair your score changes day to day so that snapshot of your score once a month won't stay the same for long.

Edited by Hal Jordan

Not true. The credit score that Wal mart gives you on their login page is in fact your true FICO score. They partnered with Transunion to provide their customers with transunion's FICO score. However, it is only updated once per month and it usually is a month behind because of this. For me it updates in the middle of the month but it uses my score from the first Monday of the month and leaves that score up until the next month.

I have actually checked my transunion score and report against wal-mart's fico score and it is indeed the same score.

If you read the fine print when you sign up for your free score through walmart's card holder login page it even tells you that it's your Transunion FICO score that is offered for a fee through myfico.com

If you're actively doing credit repair your score changes day to day so that snapshot of your score once a month won't stay the same for long.

Well that could be true, since my score has went up in the last few months.I know I was a mid 550 a few months ago.But since my two new CC repoted it has went up a bunch. I did go to my fico and got a fresh trans score after the walmart score and it was 100 plus points higher.