Got my free credit report about a hour ago online...Need advice

Got my free credit report about a hour ago online. I have 10 good reports and most are from the same bad reports below which say "No Potentially negative credit items appear on your report."

I'm confused if they aren't negative (Even tho they are ) why do they say "No Potentially Negative etc" and still showing up ?

Edited by Thunder-Bolt

You will have to order copies of your credit report either for a fee or you can sign up for something like Equifax's credit monitoring and you can get your credit score as well as view your reports for free just be sure to cancel before your thirty day trial is over.

Once you close out your free yearly credit report you can't view it again which is why they tell you to print it out before you close it.

As far as your disputes you would do better submitting those in writing so that you can submit documentation and create a paper trail should you need to dispute further.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Imarie....

Yes...I'm going to have to order my reports and start with the letter campaign.

Is myfico worth buying ?

I also noticed myfico doesnt have EXperian ...why is that ?

Thanks again :)

You will have to order copies of your credit report either for a fee or you can sign up for something like Equifax's credit monitoring and you can get your credit score as well as view your reports for free just be sure to cancel before your thirty day trial is over.

Once you close out your free yearly credit report you can't view it again which is why they tell you to print it out before you close it.

As far as your disputes you would do better submitting those in writing so that you can submit documentation and create a paper trail should you need to dispute further.

There is an article about Experian and Fair Isaac I don't have enough posts to add a link but Google Experian FICO and you will find it.

I think if you want to see what lenders see especially if you are planning to buy a house it is worth it but that's just my newbie opinion. Check out the free offer on there from Equifax before you spend money though.

Thanks I marie

Yes.. I want to buy a house and need to clear things up.

Thanks

There is an article about Experian and Fair Isaac I don't have enough posts to add a link but Google Experian FICO and you will find it.

I think if you want to see what lenders see especially if you are planning to buy a house it is worth it but that's just my newbie opinion. Check out the free offer on there from Equifax before you spend money though.

Experian stopped selling FICO credit scores in 2009 to consumers. They still sell them to vendors like your bank.

Instead Experian made up another "score" and they are trying to sell that to consumers, even though it has no relationship to the FICO scoring formula that your bank will use to see if you qualify for a home.

Experian stopped selling FICO credit scores in 2009 to consumers. They still sell them to vendors like your bank.

Instead Experian made up another "score" and they are trying to sell that to consumers, even though it has no relationship to the FICO scoring formula that your bank will use to see if you qualify for a home.

If I were to call my bank which is a credit union will they

give me my EX Fico score ?

Thanks

They will give you your score if you apply for a loan/mortgage.

When you are in the stage you are in - looking to see what you need to do to increase your scores, just pull your reports (separately) from www.annualcreditreport.com Then go to MyFico.com to get the two scores to get an idea of where you are on the scoring scale. You can make adjustments to the individual tradelines if you see that they are not reporting correctly. That is what this site is all about - getting the correct info to report so your score increases. :lol:

Keep in mind that every lender has its own underwriting criteria for mortgages. So, for example, if you have a 630 TU score and a 625 EQ score and an unknown EX score, you may already qualify for a loan with some lenders and not others (credit wise, there is other criteria).

Start by looking at your actual credit report. Determine if it is accurate or not. If you have recent inaccurate info in your tradelines, correcting those will yield the largest score increases. If it is inaccurate and very old info, it may actually hurt you to correct it. So, step one: determine what is actually on each of your reports from each of the CRA's. Then come back here and ask specific questions if you have something on your report that is not accurate.

If everything is reporting correctly, not really likely but possible, then check your credit balances. If you have high balances pay them down to no more than 9% of the credit line. You will see a big jump in your score if you have low balances on your credit card lines. Search under "utilization" to get more detail about this aspect.

Denita

Thanks for taking the time to reply..great post with tons of info for a newbie like me.

Really apprciate it !

They will give you your score if you apply for a loan/mortgage.

When you are in the stage you are in - looking to see what you need to do to increase your scores, just pull your reports (separately) from www.annualcreditreport.com Then go to MyFico.com to get the two scores to get an idea of where you are on the scoring scale. You can make adjustments to the individual tradelines if you see that they are not reporting correctly. That is what this site is all about - getting the correct info to report so your score increases. :lol:

Keep in mind that every lender has its own underwriting criteria for mortgages. So, for example, if you have a 630 TU score and a 625 EQ score and an unknown EX score, you may already qualify for a loan with some lenders and not others (credit wise, there is other criteria).

Start by looking at your actual credit report. Determine if it is accurate or not. If you have recent inaccurate info in your tradelines, correcting those will yield the largest score increases. If it is inaccurate and very old info, it may actually hurt you to correct it. So, step one: determine what is actually on each of your reports from each of the CRA's. Then come back here and ask specific questions if you have something on your report that is not accurate.

If everything is reporting correctly, not really likely but possible, then check your credit balances. If you have high balances pay them down to no more than 9% of the credit line. You will see a big jump in your score if you have low balances on your credit card lines. Search under "utilization" to get more detail about this aspect.

Hi- new here, but thought I would share some info I just discovered;

I was skeptical about which organization to order my cr's from, so I called "credit report dot com" after receiving my free report. It didn't contain details, like, the OC, and OC's SOL, and the gal on the phone was very helpful. She informed me that I could order all 3 CR's for $14.95 instead of what the website offered $29.95! I went ahead and paid the 1/2 off over the phone (that's the only way to get a discount).

Truth is, I made the phone call to annual credit report but of course, I have to wait the 2-4 maybe 6 weeks to get them, but I wanted to get a jump on my "credit clean up" mission...so as instant gratification would have it, I purchased the 3 CR's. They still don't give me the detailed information I expect the reports will have that I am waiting for , however, they are still pretty decent and I have immediate access.

This site is a blessing that I stumbled upon and all you guys are fantastic with your experience and advice sharing! Thank you so much!!

I'm looking forward to cleaning up my crappy credit, and there is no better place to be than here!!!! :lol: