Can Transunion give themselves 15 more days on MOV

cali11

TransUnion recieved my MOV on 9-30-11. They sent me a responce letter and this is what it says,

"We are in receipt of the additional infromation regarding your current dipute. Due to the additional information, the time frame for completing the investtigation has been extended. Your inital correspondence was received on 9/30/2011 and your additional information was recieved on 10/11/2011, which allows TransUnion fifteen additional days. Therefore, yours investigation will be completed on or before 11/12/2011."

Are they saying since they didnt get all the information during the dispute there taking another 15 days? Does not make sense, because I didnt dipute thie claim twice. After it came back verfied I sent in all the prrof they needed that this was a bogos claim.

I've never heard of what they're refering too. It would have to be an ammendment to the FCRA and I can't find anything on it. I think they're trying to piss down your back and tell you it's raining.

Here's what the FCRA says

Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Section 611. It states “A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph 6Biii [the section requiring reinvestigation] by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.”

• 2 weeks later...
TransUnion is the third largest credit bureau in the United States, which offers credit-related information to potential creditors. Like major competitors Equifax and Experian, TransUnion markets credit reports directly to consumers.

What does that have to do with them giving themselves, another 15 days to comeplet my MOV?

It seems there's a bot or a troll posting...

I think TU is in violation of the FCRA...as Hal wrote, you may want to send another letter, but I'd wait until the 15 days have elapsed to keep them from adding 15 more - this is similar to what caused my to file my suit against EX.

It seems there's a bot or a troll posting...

I think TU is in violation of the FCRA...as Hal wrote, you may want to send another letter, but I'd wait until the 15 days have elapsed to keep them from adding 15 more - this is similar to what caused my to file my suit against EX.

Thanks for the great info guys. I have been so busy with school I have not had time to call Trans to find out whats going on.