Capital One woes

Persistent

Ok, so I have been lurking here for a while. In the process of lurking, researching and reading peoples stories of success it has helped me have a few small successes. So far I have had two items removed from my reports and am very pleased. Now on to my problem. I recently DVed Capital One on a debt from 2004. I sent the letter to them in August of this year. Before sending the letter my report said the debt would fall off of my report in October 2011. After receiving a letter back from Capital One verifying the debt my credit report now says that the debt is scheduled to stay on record until November of 2013. I've looked at my report and they changed my history of late charges from showing late in 2004 to being 30, 60, 90 etc late in september of 2006. Now, it is my fault I did not print out a copy of showing the history or showing that it would indeed fall of in October 2011 and I really shouldn't have disputed since it was due to fall off this Oct anyway but the mistake has already been made. What are my options now?

I am ready to do whatever necessary to resolve this and have found mailing addresses for the following:

Capital ONE CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Attorney General of the state of Virginia (state of CAP ONE headquarters)

Commissioner of financial institutions of Virginia

Federal Trade Commission

Better Business Bureau

Congressmen

Federal Office of Currency Control

Will writing to any or all of these entities be beneficial?

First, you don't send a DV letter to the OC...you send it to any CA collecting for them. OCs are not required to respond. In your case, its sounds like they did anyway...

But...the 7 yrs an account stays on your report starts on the "date the account went delinquent, and was never brought current". Is it possible that yo did bring the account current again in 2006?

First, you don't send a DV letter to the OC...you send it to any CA collecting for them. OCs are not required to respond. In your case, its sounds like they did anyway...

But...the 7 yrs an account stays on your report starts on the "date the account went delinquent, and was never brought current". Is it possible that yo did bring the account current again in 2006?

The account never went to a collection agency and I never once made a payment on the account so it is impossible to have a payment listed in 2006.