jackson212

where does Bally's Fitness account fall in?

open account? written account? oral contract?

if i had a bally's fitness membership, and defaulted, how should they be suing?

(i have not been sued, im just trying to determine what type of an account that would be.)

I'm pretty sure gym memberships fall under written contracts because the total amount due is known in advance; however, don't quote me on that as I'm not a lawyer and don't even live in NY. ;)

An oral contract is applied more between friends, family and even between an individual and a sole proprietor. Although, at times, it may be argued an oral contract altered the terms and conditions of a written contract, unless it is added in writing as an addendum it is virtually non-binding. So I do not think this would apply to a Ballys membership.

An open account is used in an extension of credit. So this wouldn't apply either.

Leaving the written contract. Since Ballys is a corporation operating in many states they are guided by the UCC. They are held to accountability through the public's trust. To maintain consistency they must uniformily use a written contract. Although that contract maybe an open contract.

Just my opnion.