Sign in to follow this  
anotherday.gone

Judge denied Midland's request for pretrial conference DENIED (is this good for me?_

I already have another topic open, so please let me know if I should consolidate, but I was hoping for a quick answer to this question so I know what I should be doing as far as interrogatories and such.

The court clerk told me today that the Judge denied Midland Funding/attorney's request for pretrial conference. She said that it was due to no evidence of somthing...I think maybe no evidence that a pretrial conference will be needed? The clerk was very vague and didn't wan to be too helpful.

I'm assuming that the judge is already picking apart their case...or, the case is so clear-cut that it should just go straight to trial.

I know I'm probably looking too much into this...

Thanks!

The clerk was very vague and didn't want to be too helpful.

No they just don't want to violate the law and give legal advice. They will tell you what is in the records but will not interpert it or give you any other info or advice. That is pretty much across the board all over the country.

I'm assuming that the judge is already picking apart their case.

Bad assumption. The Judge could care less about your case. Generally speaking, they are going to look at the only issue at hand. For example, was in a hearing. The other side filed a motion to compel an interrogatory from me. We were there on other matters. When the Judge asked anything else the other side asked the judge if they would rule on the motion to compel.

I still had two days to supplement my answer since I answered the interrogatory in three days and we were at day 28 at the hearing. Judge said no, the issue is not ripe (ready to be ruled on). He said he would rule after 30 days. We were both in court and it was obvious I was not supplementing my response.

I know I'm probably looking too much into this.

In my opinion, most defiantly. Most likely a procedural issue, did not give you notice, did not write you to ask you to schedule first, ect...

The court wants issued resolved without a trial. The court will try to get the parties to settle so in the courts best interest to schedule conferences and other situations that would lead to the case being settled and off the courts docket.