Collection Agencies Screwed Me..Help

Thunder-Bolt

Had to go to Hospital Emergency room ( I have very good health insurance which also covers ER visits) and bill never was paid due to hospital putting in wrong code time after time.

I never heard back from them after awhile so I thought they finally put the correct code in and got their money.

Well they sent it to collection. I called my insurance and they took care of it. I explained now it's on my credit report which is not good.

My healthcare insurance said they would have the CA remove it for PFD because it wasn't my fault.Well as you can see it was never removed (Trans PFD ) and not only that but it's also showing up on myFICO EQ report as in collection.

How do I go about this?

I want both removed entirely not just for the other one to show paid because it was no fault of mine that this happened.

Thanks so much for your time.

-------------------------------------------------------

Trans shows as Paid in Full.

GOLD KEY CREDIT INC #99593**

PO BOX 15670

BROOKSVILLE, FL 34604

(800) 218-3280

Balance:

$0

Date Updated:

10/19/2010

Original Amount:

$584

Original Creditor:

MEDICAL-NES MEDICAL SERVICES NY (Medical/Health Care)

Last Payment:

10/12/2010

Pay Status:

>Account Paid in Full; was a Collection<

Account Type:

Open Account

Responsibility:

Individual Account

Date Closed:

10/12/2010

Date Paid:

10/12/2010

Loan Type:

COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY

Date Placed for Collection:

12/26/2009

Remarks:

>PAID COLLECTION<

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:

05/2014

</H3>

--------------------------------------------------------

EQ=This is straight from myFICO credit report showing still in collection.

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "402YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $584 on account number "XXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]402YC00000

Original balance [?]$584

Current balance [?]$0

Date assigned [?]Dec, 2009

Account number [?]XXXXXXX

Account holder [?]Individua

lAccount descriptions [?]

Medical

Edited by Thunder-Bolt

Legally, nothing you can do about it. At the end of the day the bill is 100% yours to take care of your responsible for making sure it is paid. Your also responsible for making sure the insurance company has everything they need and to follow up with the hospital in making sure all billing is taken care of and done correct.

The contract is between you and the hospital and not between the hospital and the insurance company. This falls 100% on you. You have to be calling the billing dept to make sure the bill is paid and not assume since there is not a bill in your mailbox the bill was taken care of. They bill insurance as a courtsey (at least I've never seen a med contract that does not say that) and the customer (you) is fully responsible in ensuring timely payment is made and the bill is paid in full. Anything the insurance company does not pay for any reason the customer is to pay and look to the insurance company for reimbursment. Not the other way around.

You don't have a legal leg to stand on. That being said, you have common sense and the way things are done. Everybody knows what I wrote above does not happen. Everybody, including myself, assums the med provider and insuranace will work it out. A professional letter or a call to somebody higher up might yield you the results you want.

However, legally you have no case against the hospital. In the laws eye you will have not done your due dillegence in ensuring timely payment was made on your bill. Where you wrote this was due to no fault of mine is not correct. Legally it is all your fault. Common sense and the way it really works in real life, you probably did get screwed over.

Edited by Coltfan1972

You need to contact the hospital and have them instruct the CA to remove the lines from your reports. You may also want to dispute them with the Credit Bureaus at the same time.

Hal is correct. The insurance agency didn't hire the CA, so they may not have the authority to have the entry removed from your CR. The hospital hired the CA.

The first thing I'd do is dispute the entry with the credit reporting agencies. That alone may take care of the situation. If CA verifies the entry, I would send a letter to the hospital requesting they instruct the CA to remove it. Remind them that it was their error that caused the delay in payment.

If the hospital is stubborn, I'd contact the insurance company again and request a copy of the papers the hospital submitted that show the wrong codes. Hopefully, the insurance company would do that for you. Show those copies to whoever at the hospital takes care of insurance claims. If they still refuse to cooperate, contact an attorney.

So you called the CRA on the phone, they took it off right then without you doing a formal dispute in writing, they did not contact who put it on your report, then you refreshed the report and it's gone? All in less than 7 hrs from your original post.

Got It !!!

Yep...I couldn't believe it...Maybe they had access to the trans report and see that it was paid. Or maybe there wasn't enough info in that tradeline..who knows.

Take a look at that tradeline..hardly any info compared to the trans report.

No name of collection agent just a number..who knows maybe they were the same CA as the trans CA.

I think i was talking to someone in india. I read on one of

these boards this week where the same thing happened to someone else when calling india...he was shocked they removed it.

I even have the old and updated reports saved.

Hopes it sticks.

If u think I'm lying then go to hell with your snide "Got It" comment !

Be sure to check your credit report again for the next couple of months. If the credit reporting agency notifies the CA of a dispute, the CA may still verify it, and the entry could return. Hopefully, it's gone for good.

Hi BV80

Yes I have read where these things can pop back up that's why I also saved both copies of the report.

I'm new at this and been reading several boards straight for 6 days now

and this is the only dispute that I called in unlike the others.

Anyway how can they verify if I can verify it's been paid if I contact my insurance company for proof ..they don't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway thanks for being polite unlike the other poster...appreciate it .

Hi BV80

Yes I have read where these things can pop back up that's why I also saved both copies of the report.

I'm new at this and been reading several boards straight for 6 days now

and this is the only dispute that I called in unlike the others.

Anyway how can they verify if I can verify it's been paid if I contact my insurance company for proof ..they don't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway thanks for being polite unlike the other poster...appreciate it .

The CA can verify that the account was sent to collections. The fact that the insurance payment was delayed is not their fault. They only know the hospital contracted them to collect, and they can prove that.

From what I can tell, it would be up to the hospital to set things straight. Hopefully, the hospital will work with you.

Yeah hang on to this and make sure you stay on top of it. You might have intimidated somebody over the phone. Not a bad thing but might have given you what you wanted to get rid of you. Good luck and job but I'd keep a close eye on it !!

I was not being rude to you. I just told you the truth and where you stood legally. You don't have a prayer legally. The contract is between you and the hospital. Not the hospital and the insurance company. On a customer service and common sense basis I think/hope they work with you, but if you sue them you will lose.

That's just the way it is. I've worked insurance claims for years and those contracts, legally, are very uncustomer friendly. Very few can do it, but legally you should have paid the hospital and then gone after your insurance for reimbursment.

Edited by Coltfan1972

That's just the way it is. I've worked insurance claims for years and those contracts, legally, are very uncustomer friendly. Very few can do it, but legally you should have paid the hospital and then gone after your insurance for reimbursment.

This true but at the time I didn't know how these things worked. I figured my insurance ended up paying for it that all would be good.

So I get my reports this week (buying a house) and see it still listed on

one report as paid and the other report as in collection. To me it was as simple as seeing it was paid so they should delete it.

I just made it worst for myself back then ..if I knew at the time I would be

better off paying the hospital then get the money from my insurance i would have..live and you learn.

Funny things is..I checked myFico EQ this morning and it's showing still

in collections on my report. So I tried to dispute it online and it doesn't show under collections for me to dispute. I called EQ again this morning ( i have 24/7 service) and they said it's not showing in collections any longer.

It's not showing at all on report when I look at my EQ thru my my Equifax Complete Advantage plan.

This tells me myFico hasn't updated their EQ credit file and EQ has. When I say this I mean the credit file itself not in the collection dispute link .

Now I need to know which one do lenders see ?

I'm no expert on credit reports, but my understanding is the report is "officially" updated the next time the creditor reports. It is my understanding that is 30 days for large banks all the way to 90 days, depending on the contract.

I might suggest you see if even if it is on your report if it will have any effect. Sometimes a lender won't care or only cares if it is paid, which this is obviously. You might be worrying for nothing.