623 when OC already off CR?

Goose123

Should I 623 with the OC when they are no longer on my credit report? They came off when I did my initial dispute online.

MMC bought the debt, and they are the only ones reporting it. I defaulted on two CC's when I lost my job. One in 1-2009 and the other in 3-2009. MMC picked them both up in September of that year.

Only reason that is relevant is because the SOL is 3 years in SC. I probably won't do anything for 5 months. I think it would be smarter to go after MMC after they have no legal recourse against me.

Should I 623 with the OC when they are no longer on my credit report? They came off when I did my initial dispute online.

MMC bought the debt, and they are the only ones reporting it. I defaulted on two CC's when I lost my job. One in 1-2009 and the other in 3-2009. MMC picked them both up in September of that year.

Only reason that is relevant is because the SOL is 3 years in SC. I probably won't do anything for 5 months. I think it would be smarter to go after MMC after they have no legal recourse against me.

Sending a dispute to the OC would do no good since they're not reporting. I would wait to dispute with the JDB, as you said. Let the bear hibernate for the winter.

I don't take it as a letter per say, more of a method. Read the link at the top , or hyperlink and you will see the method. You are disputing with the original creditor. Dispute letter examples are easily found with google. Look at an example and write your own.

Best advice is to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to respond in this thread.