liens

breesdad

While trying to sell my house I found out there are 2 liens on my house.One of the accounts I paid to a jdb that didnt even know that there was a judgement on the account.Im going to talk to an attorney monday about how to satisfy the account.I found out the other account is in an attorneys office in another state.I think after I talk with my attorney on monday I will try to settle the other account.

This judgement is scheduled to expire in about 15 months,Is this a wise decision.any advice is appreciated.

Use an attorney to negotiate the release of the liens is the best way to go here...don't mention selling the house, because the little leverage you have would evaporate.

On the other hand, you could wait the 15 months, but make sure that the judgment can't be renewed and the lien reapplied.