Disputes Being Called Frivolous

BigJT

I'm making my way through the list of reasons given for disputes with the CRAs. Experian sent me a letter saying that the most recent dispute was frivolous, even though a different reason was given.

Are there actual guidelines for what constitutes a frivolous or irrelevant dispute? How should I proceed with future disputes?

A lawsuit or "suit in law" is a civil action brought in a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have incurred loss as a result of a defendant actions, demands a legal or equitable remedy. The defendant is required to respond to the plaintiff's complaint.

:hmm: I always thought a lawsuit was a suit made out of some fabric called law. When did this change? Currently I'm researching a theory that the sun rises in the east. However, when finished with that, I'm going to research this further before I concede a lawsuit is where a plaintiff sues a defendant.

Edited by Coltfan1972

A lawsuit or "suit in law" is a civil action brought in a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have incurred loss as a result of a defendant actions, demands a legal or equitable remedy. The defendant is required to respond to the plaintiff's complaint.

Where was this definition found?

How about this definition: A generic term, of comprehensive signification, referring to any proceeding by one person or persons against another or others in a court of law in which the plaintiff pursues the remedy that the law affords for the redress of an injury or the enforcement of a right, whether at law or in Equity.

Notice it states, that the law affords