TU Does Not Have Current Address on File

Goal850Score

I began the dispute process almost a month ago. TU is the only CRA I have heard from.

They informed me that they are in the process of investigating, but the current mailing address I listed is not in their records and in order to receive any investigation results, I need to send proof of my current address. The addresses they have on file for me are VERY old!

I didn't think it was my responsibility to inform them when I move. Isn't it their job to keep accurate info on me? I've been at my current address for two years!

My question is, what does this do as far as the timing of my requests? My Certified Mail return receipt from them is dated October 11. The letter is dated October 17. How long does TU have to complete the investigation before I can take further action? Do they have 30 days from the date they receive my proof? When does their time run out?

Kinda at a loss for what my next action should be.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. This forum has been very valuable to me! Thanks!!

I began the dispute process almost a month ago. TU is the only CRA I have heard from.

They informed me that they are in the process of investigating, but the current mailing address I listed is not in their records and in order to receive any investigation results, I need to send proof of my current address. The addresses they have on file for me are VERY old!

I didn't think it was my responsibility to inform them when I move. Isn't it their job to keep accurate info on me? I've been at my current address for two years!

My question is, what does this do as far as the timing of my requests? My Certified Mail return receipt from them is dated October 11. The letter is dated October 17. How long does TU have to complete the investigation before I can take further action? Do they have 30 days from the date they receive my proof? When does their time run out?

Kinda at a loss for what my next action should be.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. This forum has been very valuable to me! Thanks!!

They have 30 days from the time they get your dispute, or 45 days if you dispute through the freecreditreport.com You can fax them a copy of a utility bill and your driver license for proof of your address, thats what I had to do. Next would be to DV the CA. I did that as soon as the CRAs got my dispute. Good luck.