Case Officially Dismissed!

Our case was officially dismissed!

We ended up going through two case management conferences first and had to threaten them with a motion to compel discovery but I am so glad we didn't just cave and agree to pay them a debt we didn't owe!

Thank you so much for all your help! Could not have done it without you! 1stStep, rikkivs, Seadragon, and especially Calawyer - You all gave great advice and so much help when I was putting together my discovery and answering theirs, doing the case management statement and preparing the motion to compel. It was invaluable!

Though the dismissal was without prejudice, I'm happy!

If I figure the SOL from the default date they claimed - after allowing for tolling during the case - it will run out next summer. I assume I can use the fact that they tried to sue me and gave up to thwart any others who try to collect on this if they resell it before then.

I love this forum!

Our case was officially dismissed!

We ended up going through two case management conferences first and had to threaten them with a motion to compel discovery but I am so glad we didn't just cave and agree to pay them a debt we didn't owe!

Thank you so much for all your help! Could not have done it without you! 1stStep, rikkivs, Seadragon, and especially Calawyer - You all gave great advice and so much help when I was putting together my discovery and answering theirs, doing the case management statement and preparing the motion to compel. It was invaluable!

Though the dismissal was without prejudice, I'm happy!

If I figure the SOL from the default date they claimed - after allowing for tolling during the case - it will run out next summer. I assume I can use the fact that they tried to sue me and gave up to thwart any others who try to collect on this if they resell it before then.

I love this forum!

I am very proud of you. You stood up for your self and beat a lawfirm at its own game. Nice going.

Now do a memo of costs and get a judgment entered in your favor for the amount of your filing fees at least. Maybe you can trade a waiver of the cost award (or partial waiver) for a dismissal with prejudice.

Again, Congrats on a job well-done.

All of us are very proud of you. So much in life is about staying the course and pushing through the pain. You did that and it paid off. You're an inspiration to all of us! Please listen to Calawyer and get those fees and costs drawn up as soon as you can because you only have like fifteen days to submit it to the court, if I recall correctly. But when you do that, you become THEIR creditor so can use that as leverage;) Once again congratulations! :lol: BTW thanks for mentioning me, I am glad to have provided you with some help and the process is symbiotic to be sure;)