FIA Card Services Affidavit of Debt

I was just served with a summons and complaint by FIA Card Services out of Naples, Florida. No other documentation was attached other than an Affidavit of Debt signed by a Deon Wilkes. The notary is out of North Carolina so could this possibly be something I could use against them? Does anyone know if FIA Card Services does business by any other name? I looked on my credit report and it's not showing a FIA Card Services.

I'm in the state of Indiana.

I was just served with a summons and complaint by FIA Card Services out of Naples, Florida. No other documentation was attached other than an Affidavit of Debt signed by a Deon Wilkes. The notary is out of North Carolina so could this possibly be something I could use against them? Does anyone know if FIA Card Services does business by any other name? I looked on my credit report and it's not showing a FIA Card Services.

I'm in the state of Indiana.

Yeah they're one and the same, just the cc div. Be Blessed! S.A.

Is FIA filing to confirm an arbitration award? If so, make sure you use whatever opportunity you have to introduce the Minnesota Consent Decree against NAF (the national arbitration forum, which likely is the one which arbitrated the case), as well as the recent California settlement involving NAF and FIA card services.

If you can, make an effort to strike the affidavit (called a motion to strike). Another option available to you is to try to check if there is case law.

Here's an FIA case law link, maybe there's something here that can help you:http://www.nclc.org/images/pdf/unreported/Kirasic_Order.pdf

Also, here's a link to the National Consumer Law Center's Unreported Decisions. Unreported Decisions | NCLC

If you can show that FIA's case is very badly flawed using these tools, it is possible to secure a voluntary dismissal from FIA's people... who don't want to spend lots of $$ on this case.