What good does a MOV do?

cali11

Both times I have done this methed (once for my wife once for myself) the CRAs come back and say "We already investigated this information and thy credit grantor has verfied its accuracy".What a load of bull. Dosent the CRAs, have to send you the information they verfied? On my wifes MOV they would not do anything. Even though the credit contrat was never sighned. Once I called the CA bluff, they delted it. So how did the CRAs verify that??? On mine its with LVNV funding. They refuese to send me anything that shows I owe this account. Now I got a letter from Experioan today saying what I posted above. So whats next, if you cant 623 a CA and the CRAs refuse to do there job? Seems pointless to even bother.

Both times I have done this methed (once for my wife once for myself) the CRAs come back and say "We already investigated this information and thy credit grantor has verfied its accuracy".What a load of bull. Dosent the CRAs, have to send you the information they verfied? On my wifes MOV they would not do anything. Even though the credit contrat was never sighned. Once I called the CA bluff, they delted it. So how did the CRAs verify that??? On mine its with LVNV funding. They refuese to send me anything that shows I owe this account. Now I got a letter from Experioan today saying what I posted above. So whats next, if you cant 623 a CA and the CRAs refuse to do there job? Seems pointless to even bother.

I would send a letter to the CRAs via certified mail requesting the method of verification per FCRA Section 611a(6)(B)(iii) AND Section 611a(7).

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy

(a) Reinvestigations of Disputed Information

(6)(B)(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the

procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the

information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency,

including the business name and address of any furnisher of

information contacted in connection with such information and the

telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

611a(B)(7)

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

It may not result in any documentation from LVNV, but the CRAs have to explain what they did to verify LVNV's entry. In addition, it's not just a matter of LVNV proving you owe the debt. LVNV should have to prove they own the debt and have a right to report. We know they can't prove they own the debt. It would be matter of how hard you're willing to fight to get them off your CR. If they refuse to cooperate, it might mean a lawsuit.

I would send a letter to the CRAs via certified mail requesting the method of verification per FCRA Section 611a(6)(B)(iii) AND Section 611a(7).

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy

(a) Reinvestigations of Disputed Information

(6)(B)(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the

procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the

information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency,

including the business name and address of any furnisher of

information contacted in connection with such information and the

telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

611a(B)(7)

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

It may not result in any documentation from LVNV, but the CRAs have to explain what they did to verify LVNV's entry. In addition, it's not just a matter of LVNV proving you owe the debt. LVNV should have to prove they own the debt and have a right to report. We know they can't prove they own the debt. It would be matter of how hard you're willing to fight to get them off your CR. If they refuse to cooperate, it might mean a lawsuit.

That is pretty much the MOV letter I sent all 3 CRAs. They refuse to send me there results of the investigation. Should I call them and see whats the deal? I have not heard back from Equfax or Trans yet, on this last MOV just Experian. Both EQ and Trans have past the 15 day mark, a few days ago. Im sure I will get the same letters I did on my last MOV from them, same as Experians.

That is pretty much the MOV letter I sent all 3 CRAs. They refuse to send me there results of the investigation. Should I call them and see whats the deal? I have not heard back from Equfax or Trans yet, on this last MOV just Experian. Both EQ and Trans have past the 15 day mark, a few days ago. Im sure I will get the same letters I did on my last MOV from them, same as Experians.

Give them a call. Find out why they won't comply with the FCRA.

So I just got off the phone with Experian. I asked her WHY they didnt send any proof of this dept? I told her that LVNV will not respond to my DV letters. I asked how they verifed this & why they never verfdied the MOV letter I sent?She said under the FTC, the CA or OC is not required to send them any documents. All we do is contact them and ask them if this account is valid? If they say yes, then its verifed. She told me they do not send any documents to us. She said we are really just a Library. I told her if your a Library then you should have records on file? I told her under the FCRA you are required to send me proof of this dept, and what woudl be the point of MOV? She just kept saying the FTC does not require the CA/OC to send us anything. She told me to contact the Attorney General in my area and have them look into this. I said, isnt this your job? She told me no, our job is to report records. She just talked me around in circles. I told her I would have to sue if they cant prove I owe this dept? She told me its not up to us to prove anything. We just report. She more or less told me im wasting my time taking them to court.

file a suit for will full non compliance and financial injury.

I bet they delete the account or fix the errors.

This!

And the rest doesn't matter. They have violated your rights under the FCRA by not responding to your request. They HAVE to respond on point per the statute in 15 days or they are in violation.

The rest is moot. You should seriously consider filing the FCRA violation suit against them. You should have proof you sent in the MOV request and you have proof in their response that they are refusing to adhere to the law. The phone conversation isn't a help unless it was recorded.. but regardless of the if's and's or why's they violated the FCRA by refusing to provide you what the law demands they do within 15 days.

A lawsuit will change their mind.

Edited by Hal Jordan