Multi-Quote

Savoir

:)++ Don't feel bad Savoir.... I didn't know what it was till I played with it either! :lol:

Let's say you are in a thread and you want to reply to two or more different people's posts. If you click on just "quote", then you will have to make two (or more)different posts to reply to all of them.

But if you click on the "multiquote" button (it looks like a giant quote "" mark right next to the word "quote") on everyone's post that you want to quote, THEN click on the "Reply" button, ALL of those posts will show up as quoted in the box where you can write your new post.

Another trick I use is when someone posts a really long response and I want to address each point in their post, I copy their quoted text, and paste it several times inside of my reply box. Then I can delete, snip it down, and address each point separately while still nicely quoting the originator of the post! It does take some work, but is easier on the eyes to read than other ways people reply to long posts.

HTH! xdancex

OK ..... I'm going to have to claim idiocy here.

I can't figure out how 'multi-quote' works or even what it's supposed to do.

Can anyone explain how to use it? ...... or point me to an explaination?

:)++ Don't feel bad Savoir.... I didn't know what it was till I played with it either! :lol:

Let's say you are in a thread and you want to reply to two or more different people's posts. If you click on just "quote", then you will have to make two (or more)different posts to reply to all of them.

But if you click on the "multiquote" button (it looks like a giant quote "" mark right next to the word "quote") on everyone's post that you want to quote, THEN click on the "Reply" button, ALL of those posts will show up as quoted in the box where you can write your new post.

Another trick I use is when someone posts a really long response and I want to address each point in their post, I copy their quoted text, and paste it several times inside of my reply box. Then I can delete, snip it down, and address each point separately while still nicely quoting the originator of the post! It does take some work, but is easier on the eyes to read than other ways people reply to long posts.

HTH! xdancex

This is me clicking on the "multiquote" button on each post, then clicking on the "PostReply" button at the bottom of the page.... see how it works??

This is me clicking on the "multiquote" button on each post??
This is me clicking on the "quote" button.....

but is easier on the eyes to read than other ways people reply to long posts.

HTH! xdancex

you can also do it by using the "quote brackets" manually by typing the the same as the quote.

• 11 months later...