MamaCaldo

Uhhhh.... found another site "stealing" peoples posts...

I don't know if the board admins know this, but I found another board that has "copied and pasted" MANY posts from people here and posted it on that board as their own. I found it on accident when I was doing some google searches.

The board is appropiately named after... well... this: :moon:

It looks like someone's ego trip as the main "man" does ALL the postings....

Just thought I'd let you know....

What is the address?

Hi Admin :)++

I tried to PM the details, but I guess I cannot do that. :cry:

I don't want to give them anymore traffic than need be, so can I get you to allow me to PM you just once??? Or can I PM another mod??

Hmmmmm...

Go get em admin....

Too bad we cant do a class action plagiarism suit on them....

I pm'ed the website adress and owner to MamaCaldo.

You could block the domain from the server though.

Just do a whois: the url.

It's not "debtorboards" is it? That is very similar to this one. I went there before I discovered cic and initially thought it was great until I realized they are more interested in harassing you for what they deem improper paragraph style and punctuation etc. than helping you with your case.

It's not "debtorboards" is it? That is very similar to this one. I went there before I discovered cic and initially thought it was great until I realized they are more interested in harassing you for what they deem improper paragraph style and punctuation etc. than helping you with your case.

Debtorboards is not a scraper site. I'm not quite sure though why it seems to be run by Mr. Languageperson other than the fact that long, run on sentences and paragraphs make it hard to give people the help they need.

Not everyone is Ernest Hemingway. Some are more William Faulkner. Or even Michael Chabon. Dude wrote a 12 page long sentence in one of his novels just for kicks.

• Like 1

If you want help with your debt collection issues this is the place to be. If you want to fine tune your grammar and writing skills, debtorsboard is the place to be. I posted there for years and all the sudden they start just nit picking the crap out of everything.

Is not really what they say and ask of you, it's the way they go about saying it. Plus I'd rather put up with a few adds than constant begging to donate or the site will go offline.

It's got some good people over there though. Or at least it did a year ago, but I've seen most of them here now.

If you want help with your debt collection issues this is the place to be. If you want to fine tune your grammar and writing skills, debtorsboard is the place to be. I posted there for years and all the sudden they start just nit picking the crap out of everything.

Is not really what they say and ask of you, it's the way they go about saying it. Plus I'd rather put up with a few adds than constant begging to donate or the site will go offline.

It's got some good people over there though. Or at least it did a year ago, but I've seen most of them here now.

Form over Function

Its like the British making soldiers stand in line to requisition ammo in the middle of a zulu battle.

I don't bloody care if you are being shot at you will follow regulations and make a proper request!!!

A man by the name of Charles Caleb Colton is attributed with the phrases ‘Imitation is the best form of flattery’.also "you can't be first...but you can be next"

coltfan sorry for disclosing your real name.

Edited by racecar

They have a gestapo force there with their identities beginning with "admin" followed by a number who are total asses. They told me that I needed to learn to write sentences at least at the level of a 5th grader. When I pm'd one of them to suggest they dish out their ridiculous admonishing on someone in a private message instead of publicly humiliating them I was told "This is not a democracy, if you don't like it then go somewhere else to ask for help" so I did just that.

Edited by texasrocker

They have a gestapo force there with their identities beginning with "admin" followed by a number who are total asses. They told me that I needed to learn to write sentences at least at the level of a 5th grader. When I pm'd one of them to suggest they dish out their ridiculous admonishing on someone in a private message instead of publicly humiliating them I was told "This is not a democracy, if you don't like it then go somewhere else to ask for help" so I did just that.

I'd call b.s. on that if I had not had many posters send me copies of the PM'S. I always understood you don't want a ten page run on sentence, but I was talking to a fellow razorback on the board. At the end of my message to him I put GO HOGS GO.

I got a nasty private message to use proper capitilization and not lock my caps lock button anymore. :shock: It was just GO HOGS GO at the end of a post I made. Whatever, some very good people and friends I made there that I talk to all the time, but puzzling way of running things is an understatement. But you know what, it's their right or anybody else right that is running a free service. Take it or leave it, it's your right. I, as many others, left it.

I left the other site, also, for the same reasons.

I found the other site first and my knees were knocking the first time I posted there, searching for help. I had no hope in my heart that I would find anything that could help me.

I do know how to write properly (and, Coltfan and Bruno, I even know how to spell "educcation"! lmol), and I still got hammered on my first post. I felt an inch tall after that lashing.

But I needed the help so badly, I was able to push it aside and continue to ask for the help. Thank God, Coltfan was still on that site. He and several others were the ones that turned my disaster into a great victory and gave me the gusto to fight! I found several friends with whom I still stay in contact on a personal level.

Later, I saw a couple of other newbies on that board who, yes, made some mistakes in their writing style, grammar, etc., but I resonated with their emotions that came from their cry for help - only to get a much worse lashing than I had received. I told one admin there that his/her attitude would only drive away the very ones that needed our help and could find it there, if they only stayed long enough to find that help.

Some are sensitive about their writing "in"abilities, and posting online for everyone to see forces some to swallow a lot of pride in order to ask for help. I know for a fact my husband would never post on one of these forums for that reason alone. Then to be lamblasted when they do!

No wonder they have to beg for funds to stay online!