how should I handle this little account

colin1

I dont really have high credit lines, but I messed up the ones that I do so I just thought I would get some input on how to handle this particular account:

First Premier Bank Credit Card - Credit Line: 300

Over the limit plus fees has me at 520. Account charged off, still in house with First Premier Bank.

I called them told them how I lost my job etc (all true) asked them about paying it off if they would remove it from my report, they said no, they would mark it charge-off paid.

This account is recent. I just lost my job and went late on the payment by 3 months and it charged off. Its apparently still being handled by them so there is no collection agency

Is there anything I can do to remedy the issue? I just want it off my report, I have the money to pay them off.

I live in Florida, so the Pay for Delete thing wouldnt really work since they dont have to honor a letter with a check stating if they cash it they are obligated to remove the negative mark. Any suggestions?

Edited by colin1

Have the been using a robo-dialer to contact you?

I used that as leverage against an OC once. You might be able to use TCPA to get them to be a little more cooperative.

hehe no, no robo-dialer. I actually contacted them and gave them my new contact info and new address and told them im serious about fixing this debt. I am holding on the payment until I get some feedback on here. I dont want to just be a sucker and pay up unless there is no other angle of attack in this situation

Check my posts for back door pay for delete. Your not going to have near the success you would if this was a junk debt buyer. The OC does not want to jeopardize their contract with the CRA.

Basically both parties sign a confidentality agreement with the settlement to the creditor. Then you dispute the debt with the CRA. If they do as the agreement states they can't verify the debt because it would be violating the non disclosure agreement. If that happens, then by law, the CRA has to remove the account since the creditor did not respond to the dispute. You'll want a hefty liquidated damages clause in the agreement.

I've got a few long posts on it and an example of the agreement. I've only had one OC ever agree to it. However, they did comply and they never verified the dispute and it dropped off in about 30 days.