Can I submit payment history to the Credit Reporting Bureau's?

Hello all,

thank you for any past contributions I've read, and anything you might contribute here.

To complete the purchase of my house from my ex-wife (which we have a private contract for) I need a mortgage of my own (current one with US Bank is in her name). I have made all the payments since moving in 18 months ago.

I paid off my credit cards some time ago, and so have very little credit showing on my reports.

A mortgage broker wants to submit papers from my checking account at my bank that show I have been paying the mortgage and submit these to the CRA's and get them to put this on my credit report and score.

a) any real hope the credit bureau's will actually do this?

B) if it doesn't work through the mortgage broker, can I submit this information on my own and get it applied to my credit history?

I did ask US Bank if there is any way to get them to report my payments on the mortgage, and the person on the phone said no, they will not submit any past activity in any way. Also, they said they will not add me to the loan whether I've been paying or not. I could ask again I guess.......

When I spoke to a person at TransUnion today they said if I send them a payment history from US Bank on the mortgage, and my checking account records from my bank that show the payments came from my checking account and a letter asking them to apply this history to my credit history they would review it.

I'll try it, but thought I'd see if anyone knows from a past case if this has worked (it will be along month while I wait to find out).

Personally, I don't trust CRAs. They are not your friend...you are NOT their customer. Giving them any information...particularly bank records...may be used against you.

I still say, skip the mortgage broker and go talk to a bank personally. Showing a bank that you're the one making the payments is a lot less dangerous than letting the CRA see info they might not otherwise see.

I agree with you. Getting a mortgage brokers may not help a lot. I don't think that the CRA's would be lenient for any matters. Instead, they would among agencies that would be giving you a hard time to cope with credits. It is best if you contact the bank personally. You don't have a choice.Giving your information to several units might just worsen everything and it surely does not help at all.