I didn't send DV letters CMRR

jbmex3

I sent DV letters out but didn't send them CMRR, just put a stamp on them. I responded within the 30 day period and have not heard back from a couple of them. Even though its past the 30 day mark should i resend the DV letters stating this is my second attempt to validate the debt or am i just screwed if they decide to sue.

A DV letter won't keep them from suing you regardless... All they have to do is mail the name of the company you originally owed and the amount and they don't have a set date to do that. They just can't continue to collect until they validate the debt if you respond within the initial 30 days..

But you have no proof that you did respond. Nothing at all. What you're hoping for is a collector with integrity and morals that if they do file suit against you before validating will admit they never answered your request for validation and that they violated your rights under the FDCPA by attempting to collect before validation... You might as well hope that you'll find a Leprechan's pot of gold to pay off your debts with.. both have about the same chance of coming true.

With all that said. If they want to sue you it won't make a hill of beans difference in the end. If they want to sue you they can just validate the debt with the name of the creditor and the amount owed and file suit right after.. Or they can just file suit right now and say you never responded, waiving your rights to debt validation. You have no proof otherwise..

So I guess you could say my point is this. Sending a DV request inside the inital 30 days isn't really going to ever keep someone from suing you if that is their intention.

It was never important to me to send anything CMRRR. Debt collector is going to claim, even if he did receive it, that alleged violation was bona-fide error. In all other cases, he'll claim he didn't receive it at all.

So, save yourself the money. You can get a Certificate of Mailing at the post office (Form 3817) for less than a buck. Properly addressed and posted mail is presumed received. You can't really do any better than that.