Attention Calawyer!

• 5 months later...
In California, we file the CMC Statements with the Court. Hit or miss whether the Judge will care.

Bringing it up is a bit like telling on your little brother when you are a kid. If you do, try to go sideways with it like "Your Honor, I did not recieve a CMC statement from the plaintiff. If the Court received a statement, could your Honor please direct plaintiff's counsel to serve all pleading on me at the address set forth in my answer?"

Have a nice weekend.

HI CALAWYER, not sure if you saw my recent post on this. I happened to browse the courts website and saw that lawyers for JDB filed their first cmc and it had a proof of service sent to me. It was dated Nov 7, 2011. I saw the file online Nov 11. Should I send a meet and confer letter to plaintiff's lawyer to show judge I'm being proactive or being on top of this case? Or is it a waste of my time. Thank You.

helpme xdancex

Another Citibank case...

Was the debt allegedly incurred with Citibank (South Dakota) N.A. or Citibank N.A.? They merged on July 1, 2011 and now only Citibank N.A. exists.

I ask because I recently had my Citibank (SD) N.A. case dismissed with prejudice. I know how you can be a real PITA with discovery with these guys, and I really, really hate Citibank.

BTW, even though I'm not in Cali, CALawyer helped me with my case. He knows what he's doing.