Can I send a letter of Validation before dispute?

jbthumper

I am just starting to fix my credit and sadly have 25 things to remove most of from 5 years ago. I am already sent a letter of to the CRA to dispute some things but am limiting the number of things at a time. Can I get a jump start on the collections by sending a letter of validation out to the collection agencies? I usually read dispute first but I was thinking there might not be much of a reason to this other than disputing first maybe easier.

I am just starting to fix my credit and sadly have 25 things to remove most of from 5 years ago. I am already sent a letter of to the CRA to dispute some things but am limiting the number of things at a time. Can I get a jump start on the collections by sending a letter of validation out to the collection agencies? I usually read dispute first but I was thinking there might not be much of a reason to this other than disputing first maybe easier.

The reason for disputing first with the CRAs is to preserve your right to sue the creditor if they are reporting inaccurately and won't correct the entry, OR if they shouldn't be reporting at all and won't remove the entry.

so does it hurt me to send out letters to the collection agencies first saying prove the tradelines while I am disputing other things with the CRA's? I iwll dispute it with the CRA's but just don't want to dispute 10 or more items at a time. Thank you for the information.