What Experian told me

cali11

I posted this on an old thread I started, but didnt get any one to answer. I am really need an answer on this. This was over an LVNV account I had. Here is what I posted on the other tread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just got off the phone with Experian. I asked her WHY they didnt send any proof of this dept? I told her that LVNV will not respond to my DV letters. I asked how they verifed this & why they never verfdied the MOV letter I sent?She said under the FTC, the CA or OC is not required to send them any documents. All we do is contact them and ask them if this account is valid? If they say yes, then its verifed. She told me they do not send any documents to us. She said we are really just a Library. I told her if your a Library then you should have records on file? I told her under the FCRA you are required to send me proof of this dept, and what woudl be the point of MOV? She just kept saying the FTC does not require the CA/OC to send us anything. She told me to contact the Attorney General in my area and have them look into this. I said, isnt this your job? She told me no, our job is to report records. She just talked me around in circles. I told her I would have to sue if they cant prove I owe this dept? She told me its not up to us to prove anything. We just report. She more or less told me im wasting my time taking them to court.

That's about it.

Then whats the point of doing a MOV/Dispute if they dont have to send you anything, anyways? I'm totally confused with this Dispute/MOV bla bla bla. So for the recored, a CA does not have to send you any proof of the dept, nor do they have to prove it with the CRAs? The CRAs dont investegate? They just take the CA/OC word for it? I'm sorry,I just fnd that hard to believe.

The credit reporting agencies report what they're given by their clients. Their clients are creditors and debt collectors, lenders and others who benefit from your credit score being as low as it can be.

The FCRA is structured such that most of the "violations" commited by the CRA are violations for which the consumer has no private right of action.

Except in rare circumstances, the entity you want to direct your wrath against is the debt collector or creditor, not the CRA.