Drivers license suspended as a result of judgement

erictreefire

I am assuming here that you lost a traffic court case as defendant? or was it a civil lawsuit for an accident?

most states when they get judgment in a traffic case move to take your driving priviledge away. Especially as some states have enacted tough laws in regards to underage drivers, or underage drivers who recieve judgments in juvenile court against them (ie. excessive school abscenses, street racing, DWI/DUI) sometimes these judgments attach to the driving priviledge and you don't even know it.

you can call the court and see the clerk would be able to find out.

Insurance subrogation claim. You said "trial" took place in Wake County. Did this actually go to trial or did you in fact lose by default?

In any event, there are several things you may be able to do. What those things are, depends. First, there are a couple of insurance companies in North Carolina who file suit in magistrate court without obtaining counsel. This is not the norm but I can tell you it happens. Need to know whether you're dealing with one of them or not.

If you care to PM me with the specifics (idenitity of plaintiff, name of attorney) I can be more specific. Please do not name the insurance company or attorney unless via PM.