California CCRAA: using it to remove CA accounts on my CR's (Past legal Calif SOL)

I am new to the board, and I have done some basic searching for applicable letters and strategies to help with my credit repair.

My goals are rather simple: to delete a number of baddies on my reports. I live in California, and want to use our state laws, based on the lawsuits placing California's CCRAA above the Federal Law for relief for California residents.

A few facts about the baddies on my reports:

All of them placed there by Collection Agencies.

All of the alleged debts are credit card accounts

All are well past California's legal SOL for collection

All have been " verified " by the CRA's within the past 30 days

All of my disputes with the CRA's were written by me

I have not sent any DV's at this point

All are for " sizable " amounts, all over $5,000

There are plenty of Charge Offs still reporting, of course, but I am assuming I'll use a different strategy to get those deleted????

The four major baddies are from:

Midland

Portfolio

Palisades

UNIFUND

Can anyone provide some direction? Maybe some templates I can use to send California based DV/demand for deletes?

Your help is appreciated!

I am new to the board, and I have done some basic searching for applicable letters and strategies to help with my credit repair.

My goals are rather simple: to delete a number of baddies on my reports. I live in California, and want to use our state laws, based on the lawsuits placing California's CCRAA above the Federal Law for relief for California residents.

A few facts about the baddies on my reports:

All of them placed there by Collection Agencies.

All of the alleged debts are credit card accounts

All are well past California's legal SOL for collection

All have been " verified " by the CRA's within the past 30 days

All of my disputes with the CRA's were written by me

I have not sent any DV's at this point

All are for " sizable " amounts, all over $5,000

There are plenty of Charge Offs still reporting, of course, but I am assuming I'll use a different strategy to get those deleted????

The four major baddies are from:

Midland

Portfolio

Palisades

UNIFUND

Can anyone provide some direction? Maybe some templates I can use to send California based DV/demand for deletes?

Your help is appreciated!

The SOL for collection and the SOL for credit reporting are 2 different things. The SOL for reporting to the CRAs is 7.5 years after the date of first delinquency.

The SOL for collection and the SOL for credit reporting are 2 different things. The SOL for reporting to the CRAs is 7.5 years after the date of first delinquency.

I understand that very well. That is why I specifically differentiated the type I am referring to here, the legal SOL, because California law specifically offers the SOL (time barred) defense to credit card accounts with a DOFD four (4) years old.

My goal, again, is to remove/delete these items from my report. I am not worried about the legal/collections SOL, because it passed some two years ago.

I understand that very well. That is why I specifically differentiated the type I am referring to here, the legal SOL, because California law specifically offers the SOL (time barred) defense to credit card accounts with a DOFD four (4) years old.

My goal, again, is to remove/delete these items from my report. I am not worried about the legal/collections SOL, because it passed some two years ago.

CA Codes (civ:1785.10-1785.19.5)

TITLE 1.6. CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES ACT

CHAPTER 2. OBLIGATIONS OF CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTING

AGENCIES

1785.13. (a) No consumer credit reporting agency shall make any

consumer credit report containing any of the following items of

information:

(5) Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss that antedate the report by more than seven years.

CA law states negative entries regarding accounts remain on your CR for 7 years. The time-barred defense (4 years) has nothing to do with credit reports.

If the SOL for collection passed 2 years ago, the accounts should fall off in a year or so. You can still dispute the accounts with the JDBs, but as long as they're reporting accurately, there's not much you can do unless you're willing to fight them in court over proof of ownership of the debt and the right to report. That might take more than a year, and there's no guarantee you would win.

Edited by BV80