I sent DV to CA, OC (Chase) responded to DV

I sent DV to Viking Corp (awful company) for a Chase collection. Within two weeks, I received a response from Chase (OC), not Viking (CA) on Chase letterhead. The letter stated:

"We recently received your letter regarding your account and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Chase is considered an original creditor under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, not a debt collector. As the original creditor, Chase has provided monthly billing statements on your credit card accounts. We can provide documents, if they are available for your account, if a specific request is sent to the address listed above. Please be advise that we will not provide any further response to letters requesting general documentation.

If your letter contained a request to cease and desist communications, your account has been updated as such. Please be aware that placing your account in a Cease and Desist status is a serious matter, which could jeopardize our ability to service your needs in the future. If you wish to remove your account from the Cease and Desist status, please send a written request to address at the top of this letter.

Regarding any request to update the credit reporting for your account, Chase considers the history on your account accurate as no specific dispute regarding the reporting has been received. No credit report update is required at this time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Customer Support Division at 1-800-290-1314."

I am not sure how to proceed from this point. I am confused by the response letter. Chase stated in paragraph one that they can provide documents upon request, but in the same paragraph they stated that a response will not be provided for general documentation. Has anyone received a letter from Chase similiar?

Should I proceed with the 623 method? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Could you be more specific regarding having Chase on a Rosenthal violation?

The Rosenthal Act is California's version of the FDCPA. It's Cal. Civ. Code § 1788.2©. I believe it applies to original creditors as well as collection agencies.