moppet2003

CA dinging my cra's 2X per month - debt paid to OC

Hello. Have a CA reporting twice a month each month since July on a debt that was paid to the OC. What kind of letter should I send them? I've copied both the simple and expansive forms of validation letters and looking for a simple combo I guess. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Do a DV to the CA first. See what they do. If nothing in 30 days, do a dispute with the CRA for the CA tradeline. Be sure your evidence about paying the OC is all lined up. Ask the OC for more confirmation about the status and see what they do. You might also ask the OC to report it to the CRA (might be a different one) to show as paid. Send copies of the proof to the CA if they confirm the CRA dispute. You will be lining them up for 1 or 2 FDCPA violations at this point and might be able to sue them.

I don't know that I'd bother with a DV. The account is paid. The CA has no reason to be updating their entry.

I would dispute the account with the CRAs first. By first disputing with the CRAs, it preserves your right to sue the CA for FCRA violations. If the CAi verifies the entry, then dispute with the CA. If they refuse to behave, take them to court.

You'd have FCRA and FDCPA violations.