Hal Jordan

I was just served on a debt that is past the SOL and I only have 5 days to respond

A while back I advised a newbie not to mess with a CA on a $300 debt within SOl. -- I personally don't send a dispute to the CRAs or make any contact with anyone associated with a debt, unless I'm (1.) ready to pay it off in full

(if a lesser $ amount or the PFD doesn't work) or(2.) the debt is past the SOl. You pretty much said I was 'full of it'.... never heard of anyone getting sued for such a small amount etc.

My reply was: I was sued for $200 and carried that judgement on my credit report for 7 years..it sucked.

So, welcome to my world....glad things turned out better for you than it did for me. You're right, it depends on who you owe the money to...

"Once sued , twice shy!"

Because that statement is bull****. People who sh*t on the law should NOT financially benefit from doing so. This is why we have laws.

The whole reason the courts ate jam-packed with these horse manure cases is because so many people think exactly what you just said there and by doing so, they are fundamentally ignoring the fact that YOU HAVE RIGHTS. One of those rights is to not be subject to the abuse of court process by debt collectors.

When you exercise your RIGHTS, you guarantee that you will still have them for years to come.

This is so true...if we have to follow the rule of the law when we owe debt

the OC or CA should have to follow the law in order to retrieve said monies.

They aren't allowed to break the law just because someone owes them money !

• Like 1

This is so true...if we have to follow the rule of the law when we owe debt

the OC or CA should have to follow the law in order to retrieve said monies.

They aren't allowed to break the law just because someone owes them money !

Extremely well put. Thank you.

• Like 1

Extremely well put. Thank you.

No ...Thankyou !

I'm a newbie and still learning the process and without people like you ..people like me will be abused in the courts.

So Thanks for all you do here on these boards :D

Edited by Thunder-Bolt