Need some advice

jahillia

OK so before I get all the "it's your responsibility" responses, I realize that.....

I was sued by a CA here in TN for a medical bill that I couldn't pay. My son was in the hospital for 9 days, bills racked up etc...Here in TN, he was able to garnish my wages and I now have like 4 other suits (still all medical) in regards to others. Since the great state of TN allows this, what are my options. I have tried talking to one or two but if I dont have the full amount they are asking for, they won't work with me. I dont want to file BK. Is that my only option? I can't afford to keep paying these guys what they ask because thier payments per month are too high....

Once you sign an agreement with them, are you stuck or can you go back to court?

Thanks,

Not sure what you mean by the great state of TN allows this. Do you mean to garnish wages? All states allow multiple lawsuits and judgements against you.

However, if you signed something (contract) then yes your stuck with it. Unless there was fraud, you were a minor, or the court finds the contract so horrible they won't enforce it (rare), your stuck with it.

Based on what you just posted, it does sound like BK is a good option for you. Medical bills are right there at the top on why most people file BK and of course you don't want to file BK. Very few, if any, want to file BK.

I'd get about three visits with a BK atty. Pretty much all of them offer a free first visit. Go see a few and see what they say. Keep in mind they make money if you file BK. However, if they all pretty much say the same thing, then give it some thought.

If you already have a judgement against you, which you must or they would not be garnishing, then your pretty much stuck.

OK so before I get all the "it's your responsibility" responses,
We don't do that here. We've all been in your shoes one way or another, and we're here to help, not critize.

Now...have to agree with ColtFan...go talk to a couple BK lawyers. Stuff happens...medical bills are one of the primary causes of BK...