One more California Silver Bullet

KentWA

For all the complaining about CA government my family that lives there does, I have to say they really appear to have some good laws that I wish were in a few more states. I just ran across an article that describes a defendants motion for an undertaking. Through this you can have the court force the Plaintiff to file a bond to pursue a case! I would bet this is a good way to get JDBs to run for the hills.

Defendant Can Utilize Motion for an Undertaking to Enforce Award of Costs

I agree that is a great statute, I too will be taking a swing with it. I am fortunate in that I have a case in my local court where I used an attorney and have a award of costs order.

Should be easy to prove the amount needed.....

Great Find....

Awesome! Have the attorney craft one up and share it with us on the forum! :mrgreen:

KentWA can you PM me a copy. Thanks

I found the article while doing research on another issue and found it interesting. Since I am not in California I did not chase it further, but did share it here so those in California could research further if they needed it. There are statutes and cases cited in the article which should get you started in Google Scholar on finding more info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...