debt collector keeps adding to debt

Fats

I have an alleged debt on my credit report that I believe is pass the statute debt and has been dismissed without prejudice twice. But, they keep adding more debt and it shows on my credit report. Anything I can do to stop this, it make my debt ratio high because of adding more to debt over the yrs.

thanks

I have an alleged debt on my credit report that I believe is pass the statute debt and has been dismissed without prejudice twice. But, they keep adding more debt and it shows on my credit report. Anything I can do to stop this, it make my debt ratio high because of adding more to debt over the yrs.

thanks

The amount is increasing because of interest charges. It's legal.

Even though it may be past the SOL for collection, the SOL for reporting is 7.5 years after the date of 1st delinquency when the account was never made current again. But, if a debt buyer is doing the reporting, they must report the same date of delinquency as the original creditor is reporting. A CA's or JDB's entry will fall off when the OC's entry falls off.

Were you sued by a JDB? Is the OC still reporting? What were the reasons it was dismissed?