Finally got my credit reports...

theoryman

Finally got my credit reports... and found a LOT of stuff that doesn't belong there.

First, what brought me here...

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/306374-sued-lvnv-represented-wwr.html

After getting a dismissal, we are now trying to clean up the credit report.

A little about me...

I have no secured debt. My home is paid for, and I won't use it as an ATM. It was paid for long enough ago that it is off my credit report.

I paid cash for my truck(s) and while they are rusty, they are mechanically sound. One advantage of this is that I don't pay for collision or comprehensive insurance.

I am self employed and my company is debt free.

On to my credit report. I have combined the trade lines from all three and eliminated duplicates.

First the good.

I have 12 credit cards total that I have had for 8 or more years. All show 'Pays as Agreed'. All but one show 81 months of on time payments.

Next the ok.

One of the above credit cards shows a single 'Late 30' about 4 years ago. However, I don't recall ever being late on it. Not sure yet what to do with this one.

I also see a medical collection for about $60 from 2 years ago. I have used the same doctor for 10 years. I have never had medical insurance and have always paid cash at time of service. This is from a company I have never used and appears to be a radiology outfit. I do not recall any radiology services in the last 10 years. Neither does my doctor. I am disputing this in writing with the collection agency. I am requesting that they provide me with the name of the doctor requesting the services and with the address and phone number of the place the results were sent. If they can show this is mine, I will pay it in full without objection.

Now the not so good.

There are 3 credit card accounts that I am listed as an 'Authorized User' on. I had forgotten about them. They are from 10 or more years ago. The card holder died several years ago. All these cards show charged off. Between them, they total about $3500. They also show as negatives on my report. When I called TransUnion to cancel the free trial credit monitoring, they told me to file a written dispute with them stating that the card holder is deceased and that I can't be an authorized user on them since the cards died when the card holder did. Is this the best way? Or is there a better way to handle them?

And last, the bad.

There are 2 OC tradelines from company's that I have never done business with.

One is a credit card, charged off for about $1000. There is an accompanying collections tradeline from JDB LVNV for about $1200. This is the one that was dismissed in court.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/306374-sued-lvnv-represented-wwr.html

The second appears to be a charge account for medical services with a company in Chicago. it is charged off for about $1500. There is an accompanying JDB tradeline for this one as well, for $1500, from the same folks, LVNV.

These are not my accounts. I can't prove identity theft on these altho the judge said that LVNV would need a LOT more than they had to prove the first account was mine. Nothing has happened with the second account yet.

I have no idea where to start on getting rid of these last two.

So that's the story. Ideas? Comments? Questions?

When you dispute an entry on your credit report, you should always FIRST dispute directly with the credit reporting agency. The reason for this is to preserve your right to sue the creditor if the creditor refuses to correct an inaccurate entry or remove an entry that doesn't belong.

Regarding the "authorized user" status, you can dispute those accounts as "authorized user", and they should be removed. As long as you're only an authorized user and not a co-signer, it shouldn't matter if the cardholder is living or deceased.

Regarding the ID theft, read that section in the FCRA. Considering you couldn't have filed a police report for the ID theft, you might just first dispute the accounts with the CRAs. If they come back verified, send a DV letter to the creditors disputing the debts. Hopefully, they'll send you some information you can use. If they refuse to respond and the entries remain on your CR, request a Method of Verification from the CRAs based on § 1681i(a)(6)(B)(iii). If no one cooperates, you might have to get an attorney involved.

Thanks for the info.

Two questions...

1st... Do I dispute each item individually with a separate letter, or all in one letter but listing each TL separately?

2nd... Do I need to dispute them with each of the CRA's or just with one?

Of course everything will be done in writing with CMRRR.

Thanks for all your help.

You probably went through a bad day with this. I really hate it when there is something in my credit report that's supposed to be not there, in the first place. With the thousands to millions of clients the bureaus are dealing with, I don't doubt why such errors would do exist. However, the problem may not be with the bureaus but with the data submitted by the creditors themselves. Writing dispute letters to address your concerns is a must, and I agree with BV80. If you can't do things on your own and the matter gets even worse or perhaps don't wait til it get worse, getting a third party to mingle would be a good idea.

Thanks for the info.

Two questions...

1st... Do I dispute each item individually with a separate letter, or all in one letter but listing each TL separately?

2nd... Do I need to dispute them with each of the CRA's or just with one?

Of course everything will be done in writing with CMRRR.

Thanks for all your help.

I think you can dispute more than one item in a letter, but I'm not sure. I didn't any have anything major on my CR, so I disputed online. That's actually what I did with a couple that were for an "authorized user".

I'd call one of the CRAs just to make sure...or check their website. Experian has a pretty detailed site.

As whether you should dispute with all three, technically you shouldn't have to. According to the FCRA, if you dispute an entry with one CRA, and if the creditor makes a change on the entry or deletes it, that creditor is supposed to contact the other CRAs and make the same change. BUT, if the CRA is the one who deletes an entry, I don't believe that CRA has to contact the other CRAs.

It would probably be a good idea to dispute with all three CRAs just to make sure there's no doubt that you're disputing some entries.

Good luck!