cdc515

CRA verified collection with eOscar

Here is my current situation...

I recently pulled my credit report last month and saw a few lates as well as a collection. So i decided to dispute with the 3 CRA's. I wrote a letter saying the i wanted the 2 accounts in question verified & deleted (1 was a credit card with a few late payments from years ago which i dont have anymore the other as the collections account). I sent them certified mail and waited a month.

TransUnion took off the 2 accounts on my credit report, however Experian & Equifax removed one account (Credit Card) and said the CA account was verified. I called up Experian and got them to disclose that they indeed used an electronic 3rd party to verify the account (eOscar). I hung up and called the original creditor that sent me to collections and requested all records she had for this debt. She told me at first she couldnt find the account but then she said oh it went to bad debt and was sent to collections. The only thing she has and could send me was the original medical records and the bill.

My next step was to call Experian back and i told them the original OC has no records of this debt and i would like to request an investigation of this account. I gave them the Name and Number of the nice woman i spoke to over the phone. They responded with okay i will open the new dispute and have someone contact the collection agency that reports to us.

My question is why are they contacting the CA and not the OC???

Are the records from the OC such as medical records & a bill enough to prove the debt is mine??

Thanks for your help.

Edited by cdc515

If the OC has no records and the CA is reporting, then most likely the CA is a DB/CA. They are now the current creditor. If the CA places the tradeline, verification goes back to the CA (via eOscar if applicable).

If the CA ultimately sues you, and you demand discovery of documents to prove there is a debt, prove you owe the debt, and prove they have standing to collect and sue, they certainly can go back to the OC to get a copy of the documents the OC may have. If the OC included the documents with the transfer of the account to the CA, then the CA already has them.

Even if OC sells a debt, they can still keep archival records for legal purposes.

well i was trying to get it removed from the CRA's by disputing based on OC not having records to back this up.

I paid this collection 2 years ago but did not ask for PFD which was my mistake i didnt even know i could at that time.

When i called the CA they said all they have is my information and the fact that it was paid, i asked him for records about the debt and he said all i have is a bill i could send you.

What are my options?

I hope i have some options even though i paid the CA in 2009.

Should i call the CA and pretend that i did ask for a PFD and they never did it?

well i was trying to get it removed from the CRA's by disputing based on OC not having records to back this up.

I paid this collection 2 years ago but did not ask for PFD which was my mistake i didnt even know i could at that time.

When i called the CA they said all they have is my information and the fact that it was paid, i asked him for records about the debt and he said all i have is a bill i could send you.

What are my options?

I hope i have some options even though i paid the CA in 2009.

Should i call the CA and pretend that i did ask for a PFD and they never did it?

What does this tradeline on your CR actually say?

On my credit report it list the following:

XXXXX Sevice

Agency Address: xxxx

Date Reported: 09/2010

Date Assigne: 10/2009

Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care

Creditor Name: XXX Medcal Center

Account Number: xxxxxxxxx

Account Owner: Individual Account

Original Amount Owed: $1,100.00

Date of 1st Delinquency: 05/2009

Balance Date: 09/2010

Balance Owed: $0

Last Payment Date: 25/08/2010

Status Date: 09/2010

Comments: Medical

You paid it. They are reporting it paid with a date, and a zero balance. It looks like a correct entry. If you want them to go through the effort to delete it, you have to convince them in some way that it is worth doing. A delete is likely out of scope of their usual reporting process. They might well have agreed to a PFD to get the payment 2 years ago.

It's going to be confirmed as a correct item since it is correct. There's nothing for you to do with the CRAs about it. You need to find a way to get the creditor to delete it while they now have no incentive to do so. or you'd have to be able to prove they did something wrong that prevented you from being able to pay in full on time.

I don't know if this would fall off earlier than negative items. I know some things paid do.

Thank you for the help.

I am going to try and cal them and tell them i just ran my CR and i saw your entry this was paid in full and you agreed to delete it of my CR in return however this has not been done yet.

will see what happens.

Thank you for the help.

I am going to try and cal them and tell them i just ran my CR and i saw your entry this was paid in full and you agreed to delete it of my CR in return however this has not been done yet.

will see what happens.

This is how I got a few removed in the last few months. I paid

several CA's the last several years ( I did owe the money ) and they even worked with me on reducing the amount. This was when I didn't know anything about the rules and regulations.They even listed them as PIF...go figure.

Well I disputed them online (I know stupid) and checked paid in full or something like that.. I forget exact wording that was listed and in the narrative box I wrote it was to be removed upon payment.

So either the CA didn't respond in time and they were deleted or they did respond and deleted it. Who knows what happen but they are gone. It was 3 CA removed....Midland..LNVN and Arrow.

Needless to say I was shocked they were removed but then again I did pay up because I did owe the money and believe in paying my bills. I had a rough few years back then but eventually made good.

I have one more with Midland that I sent a goodwill to..it's scheduled to be removed May of 2012 and hoping they work with me again being this is around the time I'll be shopping for a mortgage.

The only bill I refuse to pay is a CA for Verizon..they lied to me and screwed me at the same time.

Goodluck !

I have an update...

so i called the CA and tried t tell them i paid for a delete and they actually had all the records for the past couple of years so they knew i wasnt truthful and told me there was nothing they could do i tried telling them but it is paid off why cant you just remove it she told me they dont have the ability to and only the other office handles that. i tried getting that information so i could call and see if they would take it off but she said they dont have a number and they wouldnt remove it anyways.

so basically im screwed and cant get it taken off via the CA.

I also tried launching an investigation of the collection through CRA and they just sent back that it was updated.

I was going to try to do the factual disputes starting this next month but am a little ocnfused of how it works.

here is what is listed on the 2 remaining CRA witht he collection still on.

Equifax

XXXXX Sevice

Date Reported: 09/2010

Date Assigned: 10/2009

Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care

Creditor Name: XXX Medcal Center

Account Number: xxxxxxxxx

Account Owner: Individual Account

Original Amount Owed: $1,100.00

Date of 1st Delinquency: 05/2009

Balance Date: 09/2010

Balance Owed: $0

Last Payment Date: 25/08/2010

Status Date: 09/2010

Comments: Medical

Experian

XXXXX Sevice

Account Number: xxxxxxx

Date Opened: 10/2009

Fisrt Reported: 9/2010

Date of Status: 9/2010

Type: Collection

Terms: 1 Month

Monthly Paymen: Not Reported

Credit Limit or original amount: $1,100.00

High Balance: Not Reported

Recent Balance: Not Reported

Responsibility: Individual

If i am trying to dispute factual things and i am not sure if they are correct or not do i just pick one and write a letter saying it is wrong and demand a delete? How would you go about this exactly?

Edited by cdc515

i have been doing some more reading about getting paid collections removed and many people said to send a dispute letter the the CA.

Do you think i should do this to have it removed?

This is the letter i would send:

January 17, 2012

My Name

My Address

A-1 Collection Services

101 Grovers Mill Road #303

Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-4706

Account #: xxxxxxx

Dear A 1 Collection,

This letter is a formal dispute that you are reporting inaccurate credit information.

I am very distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile due to its damaging effects on my good credit standing. As you are no doubt aware, credit reporting laws ensure that you report only accurate credit information. No doubt the inclusion of this inaccurate information is a mistake on either your or the credit bureaus part.

I am officially disputing this account and it will need to be validated and deleted from the report as soon as possible:

. To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal dispute, I am providing you a list of the required documentation:

•Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509.

•Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he/she agreed to pay the original creditor.

•Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt. Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services, 302CV577, 2002 WL 32173704(D.Conn., Oct. 29, 2002) - Information relating to the purchase of a bad debt is not proprietary or burdensome. Debtor must phrase their request clearly to obtain: The source of a debt and the amount a bad debt buyer paid for plaintiff's debt, how amount sought was calculated, where in issue a list of reports to credit bureaus, and documents conferring authority on defendant to collect debt.

•Intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt by you, the collection agency.

I have disputed this debt; therefore, until validated you know your information concerning this debt is inaccurate. Thus, if you have already reported this debt to any credit-reporting agency (CRA) or Credit Bureau (CB) then, you must immediately inform them of my dispute with this debt. Reporting information that you know to be inaccurate or failing to report information correctly violates the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1681s-2.

Finally, if you do not own this debt, I demand that you immediately send a copy of this dispute letter to the original creditor so they are also aware of my dispute with this debt.

Please validate or delete the above information from my credit report as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

What state do you live in ?

What is the SOL for your state ?

When did this account report as a CO ?

i have been doing some more reading about getting paid collections removed and many people said to send a dispute letter the the CA.

Do you think i should do this to have it removed?

This is the letter i would send:

January 17, 2012

My Name

My Address

A-1 Collection Services

101 Grovers Mill Road #303

Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-4706

Account #: xxxxxxx

Dear A 1 Collection,

This letter is a formal dispute that you are reporting inaccurate credit information.

I am very distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile due to its damaging effects on my good credit standing. As you are no doubt aware, credit reporting laws ensure that you report only accurate credit information. No doubt the inclusion of this inaccurate information is a mistake on either your or the credit bureaus part.

I am officially disputing this account and it will need to be validated and deleted from the report as soon as possible:

. To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal dispute, I am providing you a list of the required documentation:

•Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509.

•Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he/she agreed to pay the original creditor.

•Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt. Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services, 302CV577, 2002 WL 32173704(D.Conn., Oct. 29, 2002) - Information relating to the purchase of a bad debt is not proprietary or burdensome. Debtor must phrase their request clearly to obtain: The source of a debt and the amount a bad debt buyer paid for plaintiff's debt, how amount sought was calculated, where in issue a list of reports to credit bureaus, and documents conferring authority on defendant to collect debt.

•Intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt by you, the collection agency.

I have disputed this debt; therefore, until validated you know your information concerning this debt is inaccurate. Thus, if you have already reported this debt to any credit-reporting agency (CRA) or Credit Bureau (CB) then, you must immediately inform them of my dispute with this debt. Reporting information that you know to be inaccurate or failing to report information correctly violates the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1681s-2.

Finally, if you do not own this debt, I demand that you immediately send a copy of this dispute letter to the original creditor so they are also aware of my dispute with this debt.

Please validate or delete the above information from my credit report as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

What state do you live in ?

What is the SOL for your state ?

When did this account report as a CO ?

In the letter, you're requesting proof of the ownership of the debt. If the CAs were merely collecting for the OC and didn't purchase the debt, they wouldn't have that kind of documentation.

What exactly is being reported incorrectly? If the entries are accurate, neither the CAs or the CRAs are under any obligation to remove them. I know you want them off of your CR, but unfortunately, sometimes it's just not possible.