Garnishment Action in Georgia

Chunsa11

Stenger & Stenger are now trying to get the court to Garnishee my wages. We made an agreement 2 years ago that I would pay X amount of money monthly. Now 2 years later they have filed to take my wages. I was under the impression that once an agreement was reached it would remain in effect. Has anyone else reached an agreement with these folks and then had them try and garnishee your wages? If so please reply and let me know the outcome. I have sent a letter to the judge asking she deny their request. No response yet but a hearing scheduled for Feb 2012.

Stenger & Stenger are now trying to get the court to Garnishee my wages. We made an agreement 2 years ago that I would pay X amount of money monthly. Now 2 years later they have filed to take my wages. I was under the impression that once an agreement was reached it would remain in effect. Has anyone else reached an agreement with these folks and then had them try and garnishee your wages? If so please reply and let me know the outcome. I have sent a letter to the judge asking she deny their request. No response yet but a hearing scheduled for Feb 2012.

You probably need to start a whole new topic instead of using this one. This one had not had a post for 10 months. You'll have a ton better luck if you start your own specific to your situation topic.

A quick answer to your question is, it all depends on how the agreement/contract is written and what it says. If it was a verbal agreement then forget it. If it was written, the terms of the agreement will answer your questions.

Also, don't send ex parte letters to the Judge. It's not proper procedure and will get you on the bad side pretty quick. Not a fatal error but just F.Y.I.