Lane Bryant negative entry still on credit report after almost 10 years...

Embrya

I had an account with Lane Bryant back in 1998 and had trouble making payments at the end 2001. The account subsequently was placed in collections as it went delinquent in 2002. When I pulled my CR, the Lane Bryant entry was the only derogatory entry left as all others had fallen off. Lane Bryant does not list the date of delinquency, only the date of last payment which was 2002. Yet they list the account status as "pays as agreed". I haven't made any payments since 2002, so why is this still listed on my CR?

Yeah, I agree with the other! There is no better FIRST thing you can do but seek help from the credit bureaus first. However, sometimes the bureaus are too busy with disputing that your account might get neglected. Perhaps, the suggestion to just leave it alone is also fine.