Newbie:A new beginning to a long journey!

jsimpson912

Hello,

I've been searching this forum for a couple days now and have found mounds of useful information. But I still have some questions as I start my credit rebuilding journey.

I have already purchased my credit reports from all three CRA and I am ready to dispute my tradelines. My question is should I dispute with the CRA or the CO using DV letters?

My question is should I dispute with the CRA or the CO using DV letters?

I'm assuming OC (original creditor). You don't dispute with a CRA with a DV letter. A DV letter is sent after your contacted by a creditor that has to comply with the FDCPA (3rd party collectors and very rarely in original creditor).

I'm assuming OC (original creditor). You don't dispute with a CRA with a DV letter. A DV letter is sent after your contacted by a creditor that has to comply with the FDCPA (3rd party collectors and very rarely in original creditor).

I meant dispute with the CA. So I shouldnt dispute with the CRA only with the CA?

I meant dispute with the CA. So I shouldnt dispute with the CRA only with the CA?

If you want to dispute tradelines, your first contact should be with the CRAs. But, you must have a valid reason for disputing the TLs. If you're not sure the TLs are valid, you can send a DV (debt validation) letter to the CAs. Have the CAs contacted you about the debts?