Need Help With Credit Repair [Revised]

RaiseThatScore

You didn't screw up your credit over night, you're not going to fix it over night. And, somethings you just have to wait for them to fix themselves...

All the tools and processes and techniques you need are discussed on the board here. Use them, and be patient.

The only "get it done in a month" tool is a BK 7. And, even then you have to live with the implications for a long time.

I think you can do it ALL by yourself. just take your time to read, learn and apply. don't waste your money on thiefs who won't help you (confirmed by many members here).

I don't think they are thieves. They just do what you can do yourself.

I called them several years ago. The guy I talked to was real nice. I flat out asked him what they could/would do I could not do. He was honest and pretty much said nothing, it's just most people don't know what to do, don't want to take the time to learn or mess with it and it can be an intimidating process for some.

You can never go wrong trying both. Sometimes, especially when you are too preoccupied about things, you cannot think about "what's good to do or Where to start". Perhaps, it's a good thing there's always a third party to hang on. I kinda like coltfan 1972's response " I don't think they are thieves, they just do what you can do yourself." Proper credit Management. That's the key.

I've hired lexington law....tried to do it myself and I still have multiple late payments, foreclosures, charge offs, collections, and medical bills all on my credit report....i am extremely frusterated ...

[Revised]

And if all those items are reporting correctly on your credit report then the only thing that will fix them is time. This process isn't some magic "erase all the bad stuff you did in the past"...this process is about getting the information to report CORRECTLY on your reports, and to get it removed or corrected if it is incorrect.

As iamwilliam said...proper credit management is the key.