Need clear answer on definition of "Date Opened"

Brokestudent2012

Okay, so I was looking on my Experian CR and saw that three different items had "Date Opened" dates that were different (way, way different) than when I actually opened the original account.

Does "Date Opened" refer to the date when the original account was opened (i.e., I walked into the store and activated my cell phone on say, December 2006, so "Date Opened" would be 12/06) or when the CA bought the account after it went delinquent?

Either my reading comprehension skills are very poor or I'm just tired, but I cannot find a clear answer on this anywhere. Help would be appreciated :D

For a CA the "date opened" would be the date they bought the account. At this point it might also be a different account number, too. This has nothing to do with either the SOL or the date it should fall off your CR. THOSE dates should match to what the OC has/had on their TL for the item and are calculated from when the account first went delinquent.