Need help with FICO score

catchingup99

I'm currently in a significant amount of debt with 5 credit cards, with high interest, and recently they've tacked on an annual fee for a few of them. I've never missed a payment on any of them, and usually always pay more than the minimum. I've been a member of most for at least 10 years. I came across some money and would like to pay them off immediately. My question is.. do I just pay them off at once? or should i make a couple payments to each one? My concern is about my FICO. I want to do what is best to raise my score, it has taken a big hit due to my debt to income. Thanks.

There are like 17 different FICO scoring models...one for CCs, one for new cars, one for mortgages, insurance, employment, even hospital bills.

Paying off your credit cards MIGHT cause a dip in your FICO Bank Card score (the "sucker" score), but what do you care...you'll have 5 CCs with $0 balance for emercencies. Your other FICO scores will all either stay the same, or climb.

Oh yeah...and I would close any that charge you yearly fees.