Several Charge offs & 1 collection, but no calls

coffeeboy

I aplogize if this is one of the ones that get no reply. That said I went from excellent credit to bad when I was divorced by my wife a year and a half ago. She opened several cards in my name that I was not aware of and just cannot pay. Several charge offs and one collection. I moved and I only have a cell, so that is probably why I don't hear from them. My credit score is a horrible 515, and I just want to try and get out of this mess. If you have a good starting point for me, let me know. Is there anything I can do to improve my credit? Please just point me in the right direction, I don't want to bore you with questions others may have already asked. I am very upset about this. I am 59 years old and lost everything, and am very scared. :confused:

calm down. of course there are strategies to repair the damage. it takes time to come up with the strategy and be persistent. don't use any services but work on it yourself. there're tons of information of this and other forums.

remember:

1) dispute only via regular mail (CRRR) (this gives them 30 days vs. 45 days if disputed online)

2) do not place calls to credit bureaus during the 30 days. otherwise, they will enter it as "more info provided" and will extend the timeline by another XX days.

I don't hear from any of them because they don't know my new address. I want to clear this all up some how, give me direction on where to start. I am so upset about were I am at this point in my life. PLEASE if anyone can help me get a start on this, let me know. :-)

1) Buy a credit report for all 3 agencies. you can obtain credit report for free here https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp but the process will take longer - 45 vs. 30 days.

2) Dispute all 3 by mail. carefully review the reasons.

for example, check out these reasons: RE-Pasadena: How to Dispute Mistakes In Your Credit Reports With the Credit Bureaus

also, good starting points are here:

Debt Validation - The Ultimate Weapon Against the Collection Agencies Disputing With Original Creditor - 623 Method, Request Investigation, Remove Negative Information

for Medical debt, read this Why Chat's Credit Confusion - HIPAA LETTER

there are many articles on the website above- just browse and apply to your situations.

good luck!

Edited by flashback

if there's any judgement against you b/c you weren't properly served- you can have it vacated later.

Now if I were you, I would update my address. Court files can be looked up online (see you local court website and search by Court type (for example State) and last name).

The way I found out that I was being sued is by checking my mail- I had mail advertisements from local law firms referencing the lawsuit against me.

also, if you're being sued, try to enforce Arbitration. search topics with key words Credit Card Arbitration on this forum.

And the most important thing is- take care of yourself. Our harmony and emotional/spiritual balance with ourselves is the most important.

God help you.

Edited by flashback

Thanks Flashback! So I update my address, and maybe the collections might begin? I am afraid of all of this. I made on mistake a couple months ago, because I didn't recognize one of creditors, on the only report I ordered (Equifax) so I thought it was an error and just hit the dispute button. That item was my largest and is not listed on the report right now, I don't understand why. My score rose 30pts. Is this just temporary?

So I update my address, and maybe the collections might begin?
- Not necessarily.

1) Update your address. 2) start disputing all entries on your credit report via regular mail (see the links I sent above) and make sure there is no judgement against you or you will need to vacate it.

I would focus on clearing out all collection records by disputing them (see my 1-2 Punch Strategy).

I am doing it myself and just sent a bunch of letters to CA's and OC's this afternoon as well as disputes to all 3 CB's via CRRR.

Before you start, read the links I sent so you UNDERSTAND how the process works and choose the strategy. Use it to your advantage- you may sue some creditors yourself and win $$$ for yourself.

- Not necessarily.

1) Update your address. 2) start disputing all entries on your credit report via regular mail (see the links I sent above) and make sure there is no judgement against you or you will need to vacate it.

I would focus on clearing out all collection records by disputing them (see my 1-2 Punch Strategy).

I am doing it myself and just sent a bunch of letters to CA's and OC's this afternoon as well as disputes to all 3 CB's via CRRR.

Before you start, read the links I sent so you UNDERSTAND how the process works and choose the strategy. Use it to your advantage- you may sue some creditors yourself and win $$$ for yourself.

thank you for so much info! its soo much. i need help vacating a judgement against me when i was overseas. I never received any mail or anything. pleas advise.. how should i write my letter?

what do you think about lexington law credit repair.. i feel so overwhelmed