How many lawsuits can I open for this?

I've got a CA showing on two of my CRs. The accounts with the original creditor already aged off my report a couple months ago. This was for some cable TV equipment that didn't get returned when we moved. I managed to dig it up and get it returned so the CA records are showing as paid.

But there is more - there were 2 pieces of equipment and the CA treated them each as a separate collection account. So I have 2 records on 2 of my reports.

I did dispute with the CRA hoping they would drop off since the original dropped off, but they came back as valid. The date everything started with the cable company was in 10/04. CA is reporting their date as 03/06 which is when they were hired to collect.

Would everything have to be lumped into a single lawsuit (small claims) with my $2500 limit, or can I sue them over each account at $2500 each?

Thanks!

I had an account with my local cable TV company. When we moved back in 2004 we misplaced/lost the equipment. Cable company first reported it delinquent in 10/04. The cable company reported it on my CR as 2 separate accounts. In 3/06 they sent the amounts due for the equipment to a CA. The CA opened 2 collection accounts - one for each cable box. I subsequently found the equipment in storage and returned it to the cable company. The cable company was reporting on my CR and fell off at the end of 2011 as it should have. I disputed the 2 CA records on my CR and stated they were beyond the reporting period. The records were validated and are lsited to drop off in 3/13 which tells me they are aging from the 3/06 date that the CA acquired the accounts.

So I called Experian to dispute the listings. I told the agent specifically that they could not confirm the date that I first went delinquent with the original creditor. I said I wanted the item investigated again specifically because that date was being reported incorrectly. Agent said since they already verified that they would not open a new dispute on the item. They said that the CA reported the first delinquent date as 1/06. Interesting that it was only 2 months prior to the CA opening the account on 3/06. When I talked to the cable company earlier today the rep there did say they showed I had a balance with them as of 1/06 and that is when they sent it to collections. She did not have any records prior to that.

I asked the rep at Experian that very question. She said they "sent" the information to the CA and it all came back as "verified". I asked how did they "send" it and she could/would not tell me. She said any further disputes regarding the item would need to be directly with the CA because they verified "all" of the information on the account and it "all" came back as verified.

You can almost build a case for an FCRA violation...

1. Send a method of verification letter to Experian.

2. Send a 623 letter to the CA.

One or both of them will fail to respond. If Experian tells you to pound sand - sue for FCRA violation.

I had to sue both Experian and Equifax....

You can almost build a case for an FCRA violation...

1. Send a method of verification letter to Experian.

2. Send a 623 letter to the CA.

One or both of them will fail to respond. If Experian tells you to pound sand - sue for FCRA violation.

I had to sue both Experian and Equifax....

That is tonight's homework.

And I thought I would have a night off from all this stuff...